Billing and Arrears Assistant
Location: Bristol City Centre
Working Hours: 37.5 per week, working between the hours of 8.30am and 5pm
Salary: Up to £22,000 + Bonus + Benefits
What you`ll get up to as a Billing and Arrears Assistant
To give you an idea what to expect, you`ll be:
- Overseeing the setup of all University agreements and commercial contracts - working closely with the Sales Reporting team to ensure that rental income is correctly recognised.
- Creation of timely and accurate billing for all contracts, including accurate VAT calculations.
- Following up on any queries with customers and stakeholders within the business to ensure prompt resolution and to aid timely arrears collection.
- Timely collection of arrears, in line with targets and the agreed arrears process.
- Referral of relevant accounts to an external debt collection agency or for legal action where applicable, monitoring collection progress.
- Provide recommendations for account write offs, and process once approved.
- Production of billing and arrears reporting.
What we look for in you
- Previous business to business credit control experience.
- Up to date knowledge of arrears collection practices.
- Previous experience of working in a customer focussed office environment with a high volume of transactions.
- Good communication skills and comfortable in liaising with people at various levels within an organisation.
- Experience using Microsoft Office, particularly manipulating large volumes of data in Excel
- Numerate and familiar with VAT rules and calculations
- Experience of producing reporting and KPIs for managers at all levels.
What Unite Students is all about!
We`ve been the leaders in the purpose built student accommodation market since our foundation back in 1991 and have been at the top of our game ever since. We`ve grown a lot since then and you can now find us in 28 different university towns or cities, with close to 50,000 students calling us home!
Benefits of working with uS
We recognise that your hard work shouldn`t come without its perks, so here`s a little list of some of the things you can expect to get from us:
- We`ve earned an award for "Investors in People - Gold", so you`ll be working for an employer who really cares about you and your career, where you can be your best
- Take time to relax with 25 days` holiday
- An annual bonus to reward you for all your hard work
- Enjoy amazing discounts at certain restaurants, retailers and entertainment venues
- And most importantly, you`ll be working within a fun, passionate and vibrant team
Unite Students is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome people of all ages, ethnicities, disabilities, religions or sexual orientations. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.