A Fire Safety Manager is required to join our business on a permanent basis. The location for this role is flexible. Regular travel throughout the UK will be required.
Hours:37.5 hours per week
Salary:up to £50,000 + Bonus + Benefits
What we look for in you
- Qualified fire safety engineer - Institution of Fire Engineers (IFE) or Fire Protection Association (FPA)
- At least Grad IFE member or similar with the FPA
- Experience in delivering fire safety and fire prevention advice in relation to statutory duties regarding fire safety design
- Experience of managing in a large, multi-site organisation
- Proven ability to influence at Board level and engage, practically, at all levels.
- Expert, up-to-date knowledge of fire safety legislation, its application and best practice.
- Highly developed interpersonal communication skills, including excellent credibility.
- Comfortable and able to both lead by example and adopt a practical hands-on approach when required
What you`ll get up to as a Fire Safety Manager
To give you an idea what to expect, you`ll be:
- Leading the culture, governance, risk management and measures of performance in fire safety across Unite Students` from design through development to operations
- Developing and implementing a Fire Safety Strategy as part of the broader Health and Safety strategy
- Mobilising new and refurbished properties and ensuring fire safety in our properties
- Building and managing relationships with the Fire Services
- Maintaining an external view of fire safety regulation and emerging trends
What Unite Students is all about!
We`ve been the leaders in the purpose built student accommodation market since our foundation back in 1991 and have been at the top of our game ever since. We`ve grown a lot since then and you can now find us in 28 different university towns or cities, with close to 50,000 students calling us home!
Benefits of working with uS
We recognise that your hard work shouldn`t come without its perks, so here`s a little list of some of the things you can expect to get from us:
- We`ve earned an award for "Investors in People - Gold", so you`ll be working for an employer who really cares about you and your career
- Take time to relax with 25 days` holiday plus bank holidays
- An annual bonus to reward you for all your hard work
- Enjoy amazing discounts at certain restaurants, retailers and entertainment venues
- And most importantly, you`ll be working within a fun, passionate and vibrant team
Unite Students is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome people of all ages, ethnicities, disabilities, religions or sexual orientations. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.