Region:Portsmouth and Bournemouth
Location:You will be responsible for an area including Portsmouth and Bournemouth
Hours and Rota:37.5 hours per week, usually Monday to Friday but flexibility required.
Salary: Up to £47,000 + bonus + benefits
(A driving licence valid for driving in the UK is essential)
What we look for in you
- Experience of supervising reactive and planned maintenance
- The ability to develop relationships with external stakeholders, ie University
- Demonstrable experience of leading teams
- Excellent working knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and its application in the workplace
- Experienced in managing 3rdparty contractors
- The delivery of exceptional service to our customers is paramount for this role
What you`ll get up to as an Estates Manager
You will be leading a specialist Estates maintenance team throughout the region, providing reactive and planned maintenance services.
You will be responsible for the completion of maintenance related tasks in line with Unite Students required standards always ensuring safe, compliant and efficient buildings.
To give you an idea what to expect, you`ll be:
- Forming part of the wider estates function contributing to the development of a high performing and positive team
- Leading a team of Estates Supervisors to ensure the completion of all required planned maintenance activity, inspections and certification.
- Working closely with the Estates Supervisors across a number of properties and cities, including:
- Managing performance effectively
- Supporting the training and development of the Estates team.
- Coaching and mentoring team members
- Acting as the lead for maintenance activity inyour region
- Responding and attending to maintenance and Health and Safety related calls within the required service level agreements
- Identifying and ensuring the rectification of a wide range of faults, defects, both domestic and commercial
- Logging maintenance issues reported via Maintenance Request Forms
- Responsible for managing budgets
- Scheduling teams working activities
- Responding and attending to maintenance and H&S related calls within the required SLA
- Ensuring the properties Asset register is complete and assets are inspected and maintained in accordance with the PPM programme
- Accountability for ensuring team members undertake trade based activities to the correct standard
What Unite Students is all about!
We`ve been the leaders in the purpose built student accommodation market since our foundation back in 1991 and have been at the top of our game ever since. We`ve grown a lot since then and you can now find us in 28 different university towns or cities, with close to 50,000 students calling us home!
Benefits of working with uS
We recognise that your hard work shouldn`t come without its perks, so here`s a little list of some of the things you can expect to get from us:
- We`ve earned an award for "Investors in People - Gold", so you`ll be working for an employer who really cares about you and your career
- Take time to relax with 25 days` holiday plus bank holidays
- An annual bonus to reward you for all your hard work
- Enjoy amazing discounts at certain restaurants, retailers and entertainment venues
- And most importantly, you`ll be working within a fun, passionate and vibrant team
As part of our commitment to safeguarding our students, all new employees in this position will be required undertake a basic criminal recordcheck prior to commencing employment. The cost of this check will be incurred by Unite Students.Any offer of employment will be subject to asatisfactory criminal record check result.
Unite Students is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome people of all ages, ethnicities, disabilities, religions or sexual orientations. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.