Student Services Business Partner
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30am - 5pm
Salary: Dependent upon experience
To give you an idea of what to expect from this role, you`ll be:
- Providing specialist advice, guidance and coaching to employees in our city teams, to enable them to deliver a service to students requiring support, and ensure the service is fully embedded and delivered effectively.
- Directly managing high risk cases in line with our escalation processes; acting as a key decision-maker on medium risk cases and escalating to the Head of Student Services for high risk cases.
- Providing a comprehensive risk assessment on an initial and ongoing basis.
- Acting as an agent of change within the business, and contribute significantly to communication and engagement about the service both internally and externally.
- Working towards positive outcomes for students in crisis or distress.
What we`re looking for in you:
- Experience of managing welfare-related service for young people (aged 18 - 25).
- Excellent communication, engagement and influencing skills with people from all backgrounds.
- Experience of working within a large and complex organisation.
- Expertise in at least one area of young people`s welfare.
- A high level of interpersonal skills, including the ability to have potentially difficult conversations with young people in distress.
What Unite Students is all about!
We`ve been the leaders in the purpose built student accommodation market since our foundation back in 1991 and have been at the top of our game ever since. We`ve grown a lot since then and you can now find us in 28 different university towns and cities, with close to 50,000 students calling us home!
Benefits of working with uS
We recognise that your hard work shouldn`t come without its perks, so here`s a list of some of the things you can expect to get from us:
- We`ve earned an award for Investors in People - Gold, so you`ll be working for an employer who really cares about you and your career, where you can be your best
- Take time to relax with 25 days` holiday
- An annual bonus to reward you for all your hard work
- Enjoy amazing discounts at certain restaurants, retailers and entertainment venues
- Most importantly, you`ll be working within a fun, passionate and vibrant team
Unite Students is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome people of all ages, ethnicities, disabilities, religions or sexual orientations. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.