Student Experience Team Leader
Salary:£26,136 - £29,403 per annum (depending on experience), plus bonus and benefits
Hours:37.5 hours per week. Student Experience Team Leaders work 5 days out of 7, between the hours of 7am and 10pm. Weekends will be required on a rota basis.
Do you have a passion for delivering exceptional customer service and care? Then we have room for you, in a company that will recognise, reward, and grow your potential.
We are Unite Students, a progressive FTSE 100 company, and the leading provider of purpose-built student accommodation in the UK. We are looking for friendly, caring and ambitious people to join us as Student Experience Team Leaders to help us provide an outstanding service to the students who call US Home.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of one of our properties, in an extremely varied role where no two days will be the same! You will be leading a small team of Student Experience Team Members, whilst also getting stuck in yourself to lead by example. Ensuring that our students have a world class experience will be at the heart of everything you do, whether this is supporting students in their first years away from home or working with your team to exceed our customers` expectations.
You will be:
- Supporting the day-to-day activities of the team, including delegating tasks and setting targets and working alongside the team to achieve them
- Responsible for the safety and security of the building and the students whilst on duty, making sure your team conducts the necessary checks
- Supporting the training and development of your team members to help them reach their potential
- Making sure your team provides a welcoming reception to all the students who call our building home and accountable for your team`s responsiveness to solving our students` problems
- Working with managers and partners to support our students` wellbeing should they find themselves in vulnerable or difficult situations
- Organising events to create and build an inclusive community where our students can relax and be themselves
- Proactively driving local sales activity against given targets
What we`re looking for:
- You are able to delegate tasks fairly, bearing in mind your team`s strengths and weaknesses
- You are hardworking and willing to get stuck in alongside your team
- You are a confident operator ready to take the first step into leadership
- You communicate effectively, by actively listening, making points logically, and by using appropriate language, tone, and gesture
- You remain calm and focussed, even in difficult or pressurised situations
- You have the ability to find a solution to a new situation or challenge
- You are confident working both alone on your own or as part of a team
- You understand and respect the diversity of others` cultures, beliefs, and backgrounds.
What You`ll Get in Return
- A discretionary annual bonus so you can share in the company`s success
- 25 days` paid holiday and an annual holiday buying scheme, with 5 additional days awarded for long service
- A generous pension scheme - employer contributions between 5% and 11% depending on how much you save
- Various benefits to support your health and wellbeing including a Healthcare Cash Plan, an Employee Assistance Programme, a Wellbeing platform and a Gym benefit that you can share with your family and friends
- Enhanced Family Leave including 18 weeks full pay for birthing parents and 4 weeks for non-birthing parents
- Lots of other great benefits including an annual ShareSave scheme, Employee Life Assurance, a discounts portal and more!
About Unite Students
Founded in 1991, Unite Students is a FTSE 100 business and the UK`s largest provider of purpose-built student accommodation. You can find us in 23 leading university towns and cities, with over 70,000 students calling US home! We are driven by our values, culture, and a commitment to develop diverse and inclusive teams, filled with positive energy and new ideas.
Instinctive inclusion.We know that to create and maintain a happy healthy organisation, we have to work hard to ensure inclusion isn`t just what we do but who we are.
People make Unite Students. Employees, students, and neighbours all contribute to building environments where we can all thrive.
Room for Everyone
We`re proud to be an employer that embraces individuality, and we`re passionate about building inclusive teams. We focus on creating a collaborative culture where you can be you, where your voice is heard, and where you can truly belong. We take great pride in being rated Gold Investors in People and are constantly striving to provide the highest standard of learning and development opportunities and professional pathways for our people. Building a home for success, for both our employees and students, requires exceptional people with a passion for creating room for everyone, doing what`s right, keeping US safe, and raising the bar. Join us as we build better experiences for students that live with us.
We are US.
As part of our commitment to safeguarding our students, all new employees in this position will be required to undertake a basic criminal record check prior to commencing employment. The cost of this check will be incurred by Unite Students. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory criminal record check result.
If this position sounds exciting to you, we would love to receive your application!