This is an exciting opportunity to join Unite Students as a Regional Health & Safety Manager for our North & Scotland region. Our Health & Safety team`s mission is to provide a world class business partnering service to the Regional Operations Teams and the support functions. We assist and advise the business to ensure workplace, fire and security safety of employees, customers and the safety of authorised suppliers, contractors and members of the public entering or residing around our properties. We endeavour to support and protect all stakeholders through the application of workplace Health and Safety regulations, guidance and best practice.
As Regional Health & Safety Manager you will play a crucial role in assisting and advising the business to ensure the health, safety and security of Unite Student`s customers, people, visitors, and property.
This role covers Scotland and the North of England. Travel between properties will be required.
What You`ll Be Doing
- Partnering with the regional Head of Operations and selected head office support teams to manage and embed Health & Safety ownership in their area.
- Providing line management, leadership and coaching for aRegional Health & Safety Advisor.
- Rolling out and embedding the Health & Safety, Fire & Security management system.
- Enabling and coaching teams to carry out workplace safety risk assessments, inspections and completion of fire risk assessment actions.
- Providing a clear overview and analysis of Health & Safety performance in the region and critically evaluating findings to drive continuous improvement.
- Supporting the regular review of the health and safety management system to ensure standards are met.
- Lead necessary significant accident or incident investigation and reporting.
What We`re Looking for in You
- You will possess as a minimum the NEBOSH Diploma or similar and a member of a professional body e.g. IOSH, ideally working towards chartered status.
- Significant experience of working as a Health & Safety practitioner
- Experience in managing fire safety risk.
- You`ll be team-spirited and proactive with a positive and "can do" attitude to work, colleagues and clients; with an ability to build credibility internally and externally.
- You`ll have confident interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written) including negotiating, relationship building and influencing skills.
- Proven experience of providing commercially focused, professional and pragmatic advice, and producing high quality work reports.
- You`ll be capable and experienced in working without supervision, whilst asking the necessary questions when needed.
- Previous experience in CDM Regulations is beneficial.
What You`ll Get in Return
- An annual bonus so you can share in the company`s success
- 25 days` paid holiday
- Pension - based on how much you save, we`ll contribute 1% more
- Flexible working opportunities
- Shared Parental Leave - 18 weeks full pay
- Other benefits include, ShareSave, Bike to Work, Charity Match, amazing discounts and more!
About Unite Students
Founded in 1991, Unite Students is a FTSE 100 business and the UK`s leading provider of purpose-built student accommodation. You can find us in 25 leading university towns and cities, with 74,000 students calling US home! We are driven by our values, culture, and a commitment to develop diverse and inclusive teams, filled with positive energy and new ideas.
Instinctive inclusion. We know that to create and maintain a happy healthy organisation, we have to work hard to ensure inclusion isn`t just what we do but who we are.
People make Unite Students. Employees, students and neighbours all contribute to building environments where we can all thrive.
Room for Everyone
We`re proud to be an employer that embraces individuality, and we`re passionate about building inclusive teams. We focus on creating a collaborative culture where you can be you, where your voice is heard, and where you can truly belong. We take great pride in being rated Gold Investors in People and are constantly striving to provide the highest standard of learning and development opportunities and professional pathways for our people. Building a home for success, for both our employees and students, requires exceptional people with a passion for creating room for everyone, doing what`s right, keeping US safe, and raising the bar. Join us as we build better experiences for students that live with us.
We are US.