Facilities Team Member
Hours and Rota: 37.5 hours per week. The role will be expected to work an 8 hour shift between 8am and 8pm Monday - Sunday.
Salary: £22,250 - £24,750 per annum (depending on experience), plus bonus and benefits
Essential: A full driving license valid for driving in the UK
What you`ll be doing as a Facilities Team Member
- Resolving a variety of general maintenance issues and problems including basic plastering, window and door repairs, completing like-for-like electrical changes and basic plumbing
- Responding to any Health and Safety related calls
- Completing planned inspections and rectifying any remedial works
- Logging any maintenance issues and follow up accordingly
What we`re looking for in you
- The student experience is at the forefront of everything we do, so you`ll be passionate about delivering top customer service
- You`ll have experience working within general maintenance, basic plumbing and electrical skills desireable
- You`ll have experience within a customer facing role
What You`ll Get in Return
- A discretionary annual bonus so you can share in the company`s success
- 25 days` paid holiday and an annual holiday buying scheme, with 5 additional days awarded for long service
- A generous pension scheme - employer contributions between 5% and 11% depending on how much you save
- Various benefits to support your health and wellbeing including a Healthcare Cash Plan, an Employee Assistance Programme, a Wellbeing platform and a Gym benefit that you can share with your family and friends
- Enhanced Family Leave including 18 weeks full pay for birthing parents and 4 weeks for non-birthing parents
- Lots of other great benefits including an annual ShareSave scheme, Employee Life Assurance, a discounts portal and more!
About Unite Students
Founded in 1991, Unite Students is a FTSE 100 business and the UK`s largest provider of purpose-built student accommodation. You can find us in 23 leading university towns and cities, with over 70,000 students calling US home! We are driven by our values, culture, and a commitment to develop diverse and inclusive teams, filled with positive energy and new ideas.
Instinctive inclusion. We know that to create and maintain a happy healthy organisation, we have to work hard to ensure inclusion isn`t just what we do but who we are.
People make Unite Students. Employees, students, and neighbours all contribute to building environments where we can all thrive.
Room for Everyone
We`re proud to be an employer that embraces individuality, and we`re passionate about building inclusive teams. We focus on creating a collaborative culture where you can be you, where your voice is heard, and where you can truly belong. We take great pride in being rated Gold Investors in People and are constantly striving to provide the highest standard of learning and development opportunities and professional pathways for our people. Building a home for success, for both our employees and students, requires exceptional people with a passion for creating room for everyone, doing what`s right, keeping US safe, and raising the bar. Join us as we build better experiences for students that live with us.
We are US.
As part of our commitment to safeguarding our students, all new employees in this position will be required to undertake a basic criminal record check prior to commencing employment. The cost of this check will be incurred by Unite Students. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory criminal record check result.
If this position sounds exciting to you, we would love to receive your application!