Unite Students` IT department are seeking an innovative leader to join the dynamic Business Platforms Team.
The Finance Platform Lead will provide technical leadership, guidance, and expertise in the development, implementation, and optimisation of all applications which form part of the Finance platform. This role ensures that the platform aligns with Unite Students` objectives, is efficient, well run, and is equipped with the latest features and functionalities to support the finance-related operations within Unite Students.
The successful applicant will possess a blend of technical expertise, strategic thinking, a deep understanding of Finance processes and leadership acumen. They will work in partnership with multiple stakeholders, both technical and non-technical and will collaborate with cross-functional teams.
What You`ll Be Doing
- Strategy and Alignment - Collaborate with business owners to grasp organisational goals and formulate a strategic vision for the Platform. Work with the Portfolio office to prioritise opportunities for new application functionality, while aligning with Unite`s digital roadmap. Define, manage and communicate the plans to support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Value Realisation and Optimisation - Monitor and communicate Platform metrics.Work with stakeholders to define the benefits case and owners in support of investment activity.
- Process Improvement and Automation - work with Business Process owners to ensure that process maps are kept up to date and aligned to system enhancements/changes. Identify opportunities for automation. Design efficient workflows that harness Platform capabilities.
- Vendor Relationship Management - Manage relationships with and track performance of Platform vendors. Ensure contractual terms and service agreements provide optimal value. Lead Vendor service reviews.
- Governance and Compliance - Implement governance policies for Platform usage that will stand up to strict Audit scrutiny and adhere to relevant regulations and accounting standards.
- Change Management and User Adoption: - Develop strategies to drive user adoption. Work closely with the Unite Learning team to identify, define and deliver training across users and team members.
- Stakeholder Engagement and Communication - Foster strong relationships with Sponsors and business owners. Bridge the communication gap between technical and business teams.
- Oversee the technical design, development, deployment, and maintenance of the finance platform. Ensure the platform is robust, scalable, and performs optimally.
- Provide expertise in Fusion Financials and other systems that fall under the finance platforms remit.
What We`re Looking for in You
- Demonstrable experience with Oracle Fusion applications, particularly Financials and Procurement.
- Proven hands-on experience with Oracle EPM tools such as Hyperion Planning, HFM, Essbase, and Smart View.
- Excellent leadership skills and experience in managing technical teams.
- Exceptional communication skills that translate complex technical details into business value, ensuring clarity and actionable insights.
- A robust track record of effective collaboration with cross-functional teams and business stakeholders to drive strategic alignment and project success.
- The acumen to serve as a bridge between IT and the business, translating technical capabilities into business opportunities.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and a detail-oriented mindset.
- Comprehensive understanding of Oracle Fusion security models.
- Practical knowledge of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure and related cloud concepts.
- Proven track record in data integration projects using ODI or OIC.
- Demonstrated expertise in creating complex financial reports and dashboards.
- Strong background in database management, including design, tuning, and optimisation with SQL and PL/SQL.
What You`ll Get in Return
- An annual bonus so you can share in the company`s success
- 25 days` paid holiday
- Pension - based on how much you save, we`ll contribute 1% more
- Flexible working opportunities
- Shared Parental Leave - 18 weeks full pay
- Other benefits include, ShareSave, Bike to Work, Charity Match, amazing discounts and more!
About Unite Students
Founded in 1991, Unite Students is a FTSE 100 business and the UK`s leading provider of purpose-built student accommodation. You can find us in 25 leading university towns and cities, with 74,000 students calling US home! We are driven by our values, culture, and a commitment to develop diverse and inclusive teams, filled with positive energy and new ideas.
Instinctive inclusion. We know that to create and maintain a happy healthy organisation, we have to work hard to ensure inclusion isn`t just what we do but who we are.
People make Unite Students. Employees, students and neighbours all contribute to building environments where we can all thrive.
Room for Everyone
We`re proud to be an employer that embraces individuality, and we`re passionate about building inclusive teams. We focus on creating a collaborative culture where you can be you, where your voice is heard, and where you can truly belong. We take great pride in being rated Gold Investors in People and are constantly striving to provide the highest standard of learning and development opportunities and professional pathways for our people. Building a home for success, for both our employees and students, requires exceptional people with a passion for creating room for everyone, doing what`s right, keeping US safe, and raising the bar. Join us as we build better experiences for students that live with us.
We are US.