Unite Students` Projects Team have an opportunity for an Assistant Project Manager to join the team.The Projects Team are tasked with delivery of the Cladding Remediation Strategy for each property in the estate.
The main purpose of this function is to contribute to Unite Students` continued commitment to safety and compliance through expert management of the Cladding Remediation Strategy.
The purpose of this role is to evaluate and manage risks and assist in leading the design development process on projects, from the identification of risk and due diligence, developing detailed scope, gaining planning permission, tendering and appointment of contractor.
What you`ll be doing
- Assist in the development of initial cost estimates and programmes, for submission to Investment committee, including proposal, for approval for Stage 1 spend
- Progress due diligence surveys & investigation to identify all risks and inform the scope of works
- Assist with material testing, including intrusive testing when required
- Develop high-level scope of works, informing 2nd stage spend profile and update for Investment committee
- Appoint and lead external consultant team to maximise efficiency for each project
- Develop detailed scope of works
- Deliver design and scope of works that meets all legislation, regulation and ensure compliance with the Building Safety Act
- Strategic input on risks to ensure that these have been considered within the design, programme, and costing of the project
- Ensure Planning applications are submitted and tracked
- Deliver regular communication, updates, and liaison with Key stakeholders
- Ensure Tender packs are completed and sent out
- Firm up costs, programme, and customer impact for submission to Investment Committee for approval
- Appoint contractor and delivery consultants
- Delivery of remedial works to high standard, meeting all statutory, regulatory and approved guidance
What we`re looking for in you
- Project Management Qualified or hold other similar relevant qualification.
- Strong computer literacy with the ability to use Microsoft Office
- Ability to work at pace whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Possesses a positive attitude, with the ability to adapt swiftly and a willingness to undertake challenging tasks to ensure customer/ stakeholder satisfaction
- Self-motivated and possessing the ability to work on own initiative and as within a team
- Evidence of working in a fast paced, high change environment and able to manage multiple demands effectively
- A quick learner, demonstrates a capability and willingness to acquire and apply new skills and learning
- Well-developed communication and influencing skills, able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to build relationships and influence internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to create and maintain relationships across wide geographical area
- Understanding of the built environment
- Construction or trade background
- Experience in Major Cladding Projects
- A knowledge of the student accommodation market
- A knowledge of and contacts within regional markets
- Understanding and knowledge of planning policies
What You`ll Get in Return
- An annual bonus so you can share in the company`s success
- 25 days` paid holiday
- Pension - based on how much you save, we`ll contribute 1% more
- Flexible working opportunities
- Shared Parental Leave - 18 weeks full pay
- Other benefits include, ShareSave, Bike to Work, Charity Match, amazing discounts and more!
About Unite Students
Founded in 1991, Unite Students is a FTSE 100 business and the UK`s leading provider of purpose-built student accommodation. You can find us in 25 leading university towns and cities, with 74,000 students calling US home! We are driven by our values, culture, and a commitment to develop diverse and inclusive teams, filled with positive energy and new ideas.
Instinctive inclusion. We know that to create and maintain a happy healthy organisation, we have to work hard to ensure inclusion isn`t just what we do but who we are.
People make Unite Students. Employees, students and neighbours all contribute to building environments where we can all thrive.
Room for Everyone
We`re proud to be an employer that embraces individuality, and we`re passionate about building inclusive teams. We focus on creating a collaborative culture where you can be you, where your voice is heard, and where you can truly belong. We take great pride in being rated Gold Investors in People and are constantly striving to provide the highest standard of learning and development opportunities and professional pathways for our people. Building a home for success, for both our employees and students, requires exceptional people with a passion for creating room for everyone, doing what`s right, keeping US safe, and raising the bar. Join us as we build better experiences for students that live with us.
We are US.