Multi Trade Operative
Salary: £31,000 - £36,000 + bonus + benefits (depending on exeprience)
Hours and Rota: 8am - 8pmMonday to Friday, 10am - 6pmSaturday and Sunday plus On-Call rota
Essential: A full driving license valid for driving in the UK
This role will be required to carry out any repairs and remedy any defects to UniteStudents properties as instructed by Facilities Managers and Team Leaders. The role is responsible for delivering planned preventative maintenance, responsive repairs and ensuring the delivery of safe, warm, working homes to our customers.
What You`ll Be Doing
You will demonstrate more than one of the following skills:
- Painting and Decorating
- Plastering repairs
- Masonry repairs
- Grounds work
- Adhering to Health and Safety legislation, and a safe and secure working environment.
- Accountable for the quality of the maintenance and repair work delivered.
- Ensuring that the work delivered meets the correct Unite Students standard.
- Carrying out dynamic risk assessments to ensure that they are in a safe working environment and escalating issues to their line management.
- Completing all digital job tickets required for the works they deliver, raising follow on works orders where necessary and to be compliant with Unite Students policies and procedures.
- Accountable for raising any maintenance, repair concerns that they identify when performing the tasks that they have been assigned.
What We`re Looking for in You
- Minimum of entry level skills in construction to deliver general duties and minor repairs.
- Desirable: relevant construction and facilities management qualifications
- Have relevant post experience.
- Be competent and qualified to safely operate tools and equipment.
- Understanding of Health and Safety responsibilities
- Understanding of safe systems of work
- Good communication, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Ability to work at pace whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to offer flexibility in working hours and to take part in the on-call rota.
- Ability to work contracted hours over a 5/7 working pattern.
What You`ll Get in Return
- A discretionary annual bonus so you can share in the company`s success
- 25 days` paid holiday and an annual holiday buying scheme, with 5 additional days awarded for long service
- A generous pension scheme - employer contributions between 5% and 11% depending on how much you save
- Various benefits to support your health and wellbeing including a Healthcare Cash Plan, an Employee Assistance Programme, a Wellbeing platform and a Gym benefit that you can share with your family and friends
- Enhanced Family Leave including 18 weeks full pay for birthing parents and 4 weeks for non-birthing parents
- Lots of other great benefits including an annual ShareSave scheme, Employee Life Assurance, a discounts portal and more!
About Unite Students
Founded in 1991, Unite Students is a FTSE 100 business and the UK`s largest provider of purpose-built student accommodation. You can find us in 23 leading university towns and cities, with over 70,000 students calling US home! We are driven by our values, culture, and a commitment to develop diverse and inclusive teams, filled with positive energy and new ideas.
Instinctive inclusion.We know that to create and maintain a happy healthy organisation, we have to work hard to ensure inclusion isn`t just what we do but who we are.
People make Unite Students. Employees, students, and neighbours all contribute to building environments where we can all thrive.
Room for Everyone
We`re proud to be an employer that embraces individuality, and we`re passionate about building inclusive teams. We focus on creating a collaborative culture where you can be you, where your voice is heard, and where you can truly belong. We take great pride in being rated Gold Investors in People and are constantly striving to provide the highest standard of learning and development opportunities and professional pathways for our people. Building a home for success, for both our employees and students, requires exceptional people with a passion for creating room for everyone, doing what`s right, keeping US safe, and raising the bar. Join us as we build better experiences for students that live with us.
We are US.
As part of our commitment to safeguarding our students, all new employees in this position will be required to undertake a basic criminal record check prior to commencing employment. The cost of this check will be incurred by Unite Students. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory criminal record check result.
If this position sounds exciting to you, we would love to receive your application!