Student Safety Team Member
Hours and Rota:. This is a night shift role employed working in a shift pattern covering 5 or 4 days over 7 and between the hours of 10pm and 7am. Shift pattern variations may apply and part time options are available.
Salary:£12.71per hour+ bonus + benefits
Essential:Driving licence valid for driving in the UK
Join uS and be part of our friendly team. Your top priorities will be ensuring the safety of our students and employees, whilst delivering excellent customer service. From responding to emergencies, handling disputes and making our students feel at home, no two nights will be the same! You will have the opportunity to make a real impact at work, enriching lives with meaningful interactions.
What you`ll be doing
- Patrolling multiple properties to keep our students and employees safe
- Acting as the first response to incidents and emergencies
- Helping students who are locked out of their rooms
- Providing outstanding customer service to our students
- Reporting on incidents electronically
- Ensuring Covid-19 guidelines are being followed
What we`re lookingfor in you
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Calm under pressure, approachable and fair
- Confident working alone and comfortable working as part of a team
- Most importantly, you`ll share our values and passion for creating aHome for Success
What you`ll get in return
- An annual bonus, so you can share in the company`s success!
- 25 days paid holiday per year
- Pension scheme - based on how much you save, we`ll contribute 1% more
- Shared Parental Leave - 18 weeks full pay
- We`ve earned a Gold award for Investors in People. So you`ll be working for an employer who really cares about you and your career
About Unite Students:
Founded in 1991, Unite Students is a FTSE 250 business and the UK`s leading provider of purpose-built student accommodation. You can find us in 25 leading university towns and cities, with 74,000 students calling US home! We are driven by our values, culture, and a commitment to develop diverse and inclusive teams, filled with positive energy and new ideas.
Instinctive inclusion. We know that to create and maintain a happy healthy organisation, we have to work hard to ensure inclusion isn`t just what we do but who we are.
People make Unite Students.Employees, students, neighbours all contribute to building environments where we can all thrive.
Room for Everyone
We`re proud to be an employer that embraces individuality, and we`re passionate about building inclusive teams. We focus on creating a collaborative culture where you can be you, where your voice is heard, and where you can truly belong. We take great pride in being rated Gold Investors in People and are constantly striving to provide the highest standard of learning and development opportunities and professional pathways for our people. Building a home for success, for both our employees and students, requires exceptional people with a passion for creating room for everyone, doing what`s right, keeping US safe, and raising the bar. Join us as we build better experiences for students that live with us.
As part of our commitment to safeguarding our students, all new employees in this position will be required to undertake a basic criminal record check prior to commencing employment. The cost of this check will be incurred by Unite Students. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory criminal record check result.
If this position sounds exciting to you, we would love to receive your application!