Location: You will be working between our properties in Cardiff city centre
Hours and Rota: 37.5 per week working between the hours of 8am - 8pm. Weekend work will be required 10-6 on a rotation.
Salary: £22,500 + bonus + benefits
Essential: A full driving licence valid for driving in the UK
What you`ll be doing as a Maintenance Operative
- Resolving a variety of general maintenance issues and problems including basic plastering, window and door repairs, completing like-for-like electrical changes and basic plumbing
- Responding to any Health and Safety related calls
- Completing planned inspections and rectifying any remedial works
- Logging any maintenance issues and follow up accordingly
What we`re looking for in you
- The student experience is at the forefront of everything we do, so you`ll be passionate about delivering top customer service
- You`ll have experience working within general maintenance, basic plumbing and electrical skills desireable
- You`ll have experience within a customer facing role
What you`ll get in return
- Regular shifts with guaranteed hours each week - and unless stated above, you won`t be working every weekend!
- An annual bonus so you can share in the company`s success
- 25 days` paid holiday
- Pension scheme - based on how much you save, we`ll contribute 1% more
- Shared Parental Leave - 18 weeks full pay
- We`ve earned a Gold award for Investors in People so you`ll be working for an employer who really cares about you and your career
- Other benefits include, ShareSave, Bike to Work, Charity Match, amazing discounts and more!
About Unite Students:
Founded in 1991, Unite Students is a FTSE 250 business and the UK`s leading provider of purpose-built student accommodation. You can find us in 25 leading university towns and cities, with 74,000 students calling US home! We are driven by our values, culture, and a commitment to develop diverse and inclusive teams, filled with positive energy and new ideas.
Instinctive inclusion. We know that to create and maintain a happy healthy organisation, we have to work hard to ensure inclusion isn`t just what we do but who we are.
People make Unite Students.Employees, students, neighbours all contribute to building environments where we can all thrive.
Room for Everyone
We`re proud to be an employer that embraces individuality, and we`re passionate about building inclusive teams. We focus on creating a collaborative culture where you can be you, where your voice is heard, and where you can truly belong. We take great pride in being rated Gold Investors in People and are constantly striving to provide the highest standard of learning and development opportunities and professional pathways for our people. Building a home for success, for both our employees and students, requires exceptional people with a passion for creating room for everyone, doing what`s right, keeping US safe, and raising the bar. Join us as we build better experiences for students that live with us.
As part of our commitment to safeguarding our students, all new employees in this position will be required to undertake a basic criminal record check prior to commencing employment. The cost of this check will be incurred by Unite Students. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory criminal record check result.
If this position sounds exciting to you, we would love to receive your application!