The Sales Specialist is responsible for driving sales and marketing performance to maximise occupancy and the highest income possible in our most challenging cities. You will be the sales expert of the sector within each city, and will be required to execute the individual city sales strategy in our challenge cities.
What You`ll Be Doing
- Driving sales standards; quality sales over quantity sales, with business leading sales metrics
- Supporting the city management to improve year on year occupancy, with realistic opportunities to increase income and occupancy
- Delivering sales training as needed and supporting additional cities as required
- Reviewing Competitor pricing and incentives to ensure we are appropriately priced
- Suggesting innovative ways to increase occupancy within cities in moving away from tried and tested methods
- Ensuring the City teams are keeping the properties up to the standard of expectation with show flat and customer journey reviews
- Working with Marketing team to ensure the city secures the necessary budget needed for in city initiatives within local marketing
- Ensuring each property has the latest and most intuitive marketing tools available to them
- Setting PPC percentage split across properties in line with sales need on a weekly basis
- Planning and attending Accommodation Fairs and University Open Days
- Working with Area General Manager and City Management to confirm the mapping for each building
- Daily visits to sites to ensure sales focus with team
- Weekly City Management sales and operational meetings
- Fortnightly Supervisor Meetings to review sales
- Meeting with University partners to discuss campaigns
- Prospecting all potential 3rd party partners, e.g. language schools, business schools etc.
- Sending University partners marketing collateral for Accommodation Offices
- Negotiating packages with University Partners
- Rolling out Summer Campaign to City team, supporting with the mapping and pricing
- Weekly STL Sales tracking
- Ensuring third-party billing is correct
- Supporting the City Managers in their meetings with Group`s for Summer Deals and any backfill opportunities
What We`re Looking for in You
- Strong stakeholder management and interpersonal skills to build relationship across all levels, internally and externally
- Ability to coach and mentor where necessary to drive performance
- Good attention to detail and ability to work across teams internally to support where necessary, including to provide regular reports
- Excellent time management skills, and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret data into meaningful reports
- Ability to think innovatively to drive new initiatives
What You`ll Get in Return
- An annual bonus so you can share in the company`s success
- 25 days` paid holiday
- Pension - based on how much you save, we`ll contribute 1% more
- Flexible working opportunities
- Shared Parental Leave - 18 weeks full pay
- Other benefits include, ShareSave, Bike to Work, Charity Match, amazing discounts and more!
About Unite Students
Founded in 1991, Unite Students is a FTSE 250 business and the UK`s leading provider of purpose-built student accommodation. You can find us in 25 leading university towns and cities, with 74,000 students calling US home! We are driven by our values, culture, and a commitment to develop diverse and inclusive teams, filled with positive energy and new ideas.
Instinctive inclusion. We know that to create and maintain a happy healthy organisation, we have to work hard to ensure inclusion isn`t just what we do but who we are.
People make Unite Students. Employees, students and neighbours all contribute to building environments where we can all thrive.
Room for Everyone
We`re proud to be an employer that embraces individuality, and we`re passionate about building inclusive teams. We focus on creating a collaborative culture where you can be you, where your voice is heard, and where you can truly belong. We take great pride in being rated Gold Investors in People and are constantly striving to provide the highest standard of learning and development opportunities and professional pathways for our people. Building a home for success, for both our employees and students, requires exceptional people with a passion for creating room for everyone, doing what`s right, keeping US safe, and raising the bar. Join us as we build better experiences for students that live with us.
We are US.