Unite Students aims to provide a supportive living environment that will help students to fulfil their potential despite any mental, physical or medical difficulties, and/or challenging experiences that might occur during their student journey with us. We want students to thrive and succeed and our Student Support Team make that their mission by supporting our property staff to support the students in their buildings. We are a dynamic and caring team who deliver proactive support through collaboration and campaigns, and reactive support by providing expert guidance and liaison when and where needed within a city or region. We are really excited about these roles which will help us grow our team and grow our plans for the future of Student Support. If you have a passion forwellbeing then we would like to hear from you!
What You`ll Be Doing
Under the line management of the Head of Student Support, Regional Student Support Managers provide advice and guidance to colleagues across the business on student support related matters, and direct support to city teams in managing the breadth of student wellbeing matters. They are the primary authority on maintaining best practice across the breadth of the business, legal compliance and consistency of approach throughout the region and nationally, through collaboration with other Regional Student Support Managers and sector partners. The service aim is to provide a consistent proactive and reactive response to student wellbeing matters, to maximise student development and success and help students to access appropriate support in partnership with their university and other relevant services.
- Line Management of Regional Student Support Officer(s)
- Work collaboratively and strategically with the wider Student Support Team and other stakeholders to develop and implement proactive student support interventions, initiatives and campaigns with a focus on student success and positive outcomes
- Being alert to sector trends, including OfS and UUK demands on HEIs and how this relates to Unite Students and our role in helping to influence, shape or lead on student wellbeing topics
- Be an authority voice on best practice for student support matters and ensure practices are aligned nationally
- Deliver student support in line with the business`s agreed aims and framework and the Student Support Strategy, working at `arm`s length` for student case management i.e. acting as a point of escalation for Support Officers, an objective case reviewer, a key contact for University Support to Study arrangements (aligning with `Support to Stay`)and regional subject matter expert.
- Equip those working more closely with students, with the skills, knowledge and confidence to support students to identify and clarify, for themselves, their own wellbeing challenges and support needs
- Ensure a high professional standard of incident reporting and case management across the region to ensure that meaningful intelligence is recorded and responded to, and addressing any concerns where this approach is not consistently applied
- Work collaboratively with other Student Support Managers to review regional and national data, responding to trends and matters of concern in a creative, collaborative and holistic manner
What We`re Looking for in You
- A good working knowledge of the issues facing students
- A good working knowledge of University, NHS and community services
- Experience of implementing and/or managing a service for young people
- Strong communication, engagement and influencing skills including active listening and excellent written communication
- Experience of successfully managing change
- Relevant subject expertise and confidence in delivering engaging training and content relating to student wellbeing
- Experience of working within a geographically dispersed organisation
- MHFA Trainer qualification, or similar, and/or a willingness to undertake training as required
- Able to manage challenging conversation and provide developmental support to ensure the team meets the expected standard of performance across all activities, and managing underperformance where necessary
- Able to drive a culture of high-performance and lifelong learning, taking responsibility to develop own areas of growth and supporting the team through regular 1-to-1 conversations
What You`ll Get in Return
- An annual bonus so you can share in the company`s success
- 25 days` paid holiday
- Pension - based on how much you save, we`ll contribute 1% more
- Flexible working opportunities
- Shared Parental Leave - 18 weeks full pay
- Other benefits include, ShareSave, Bike to Work, Charity Match, amazing discounts and more!
About Unite Students
Founded in 1991, Unite Students is a FTSE 250 business and the UK`s leading provider of purpose-built student accommodation. You can find us in 25 leading university towns and cities, with 74,000 students calling US home! We are driven by our values, culture, and a commitment to develop diverse and inclusive teams, filled with positive energy and new ideas.
Instinctive inclusion. We know that to create and maintain a happy healthy organisation, we have to work hard to ensure inclusion isn`t just what we do but who we are.
People make Unite Students. Employees, students and neighbours all contribute to building environments where we can all thrive.
Room for Everyone
We`re proud to be an employer that embraces individuality, and we`re passionate about building inclusive teams. We focus on creating a collaborative culture where you can be you, where your voice is heard, and where you can truly belong. We take great pride in being rated Gold Investors in People and are constantly striving to provide the highest standard of learning and development opportunities and professional pathways for our people. Building a home for success, for both our employees and students, requires exceptional people with a passion for creating room for everyone, doing what`s right, keeping US safe, and raising the bar. Join us as we build better experiences for students that live with us.
We are US.