Night Manager - Southampton
Would you lend your ear to someone in need?
If you value and show concern for the safety and wellbeing of others, can lead from the front and take command in an emergency, and are a natural night owl then we have room for you!
We are Unite Students, a progressive FTSE250 company, and the leading provider of purpose-built student accommodation in the UK. We are looking for talented people leaders with and a caring nature to join us as Night Managers, overseeing our Student Safety Teams to help us provide outstanding service to the students who live with us.
You will assume responsibility for operating a cluster of properties safely and securely between 10pm - 7am. This includes providing a point of escalation and incident response and being responsible for the overall performance and responsiveness of the Student Safety Team overnight, ensuring that they create and maintain a clean, safe, secure, and inclusive environment where our students and our people can thrive.
You will be able to:
- make quick and decisive decisions and take command in the event of an emergency or property failure
- adapt your style to inspire, engage, and motivate your team in varying situations
- apply a consistent set of practices to identify team performance and gaps, build core competencies and improve overall employee performance
- manage your own and your team`s workload and pressure, and adapt this to evolving and unexpected situations
- build a network and collaborate with cross functional teams with diverse expertise and capabilities
- take responsibility for your team`s responsiveness in solving our students` problems
- support our students` wellbeing should they find themselves in vulnerable or difficult situations
- champion diversity and inclusion and build solutions based on unique contributions from colleagues from various backgrounds
- reflect on your own capabilities and behaviours, participate in development activities, and use feedback to support your performance and development
The Other stuff:
- This role will be predominantly based on site at the properties, between the core hours of 10pm - 7am, in line with our promise to our students of `being there when you need us`
- Shift patterns available include a 4 on / 3 off, 5 on / 2 off, or 4/3 & 5/2 hybrid shift pattern between these core hours
- May benefit from having safety and security experience - but this is not essential
- Must hold a valid UK/EU driving license
We will provide you with:
- A market competitive salary and benefits package
- Excellent training to support your learning and development
- An opportunity to grow your skills in a supportive and collaborative environment
Room for Everyone
We`re proud to be an employer thatembraces individuality, and we`re passionate about building inclusive teams. We focus on creating a collaborative culture where you can be you, where your voice is heard, and where you can truly belong. We take great pride in being rated Gold Investors in People and are constantly striving to provide the highest standard of learning and development opportunities and professional pathways for our people. Building ahome for success, for both our employees and students, requires exceptional people with a passion for creating room for everyone, doing what`s right, keeping US safe, and raising the bar. Join us as we build better experiences for students that live with us.
As part of our commitment to safeguarding our students, all new employees in this position will be required to undertake a basic criminal record check prior to commencing employment. The cost of this check will be incurred by Unite Students. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory criminal record check result.