This is an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Construction Health & Safety specialist to join Unite Students as Group Construction Safety Manager. In this pivotal role, you will use your Health & Safety knowledge and expertise to partner with and support our Property Development, Asset Management and Estates Projects teams in all aspects of Construction Health & Safety, including managing contractor relationships and performance.
This role can be based in London or remotely UK-Wide. Regular travel to our properties across the UK will be required.
What You`ll Be Doing
- Developing and leading the implementation and promotion of Construction Health and Safety culture, providing technical CDM advice to the Development and Technical Estates Project teams
- Leading on Building Safety Bill and Building Safety Act reviews, and project management of relevant changes
- Reviewing Health and Safety and Design elements of Property Turnkey Specification in liaison with the CDM Principal Designer
- End-to-end analysis and ongoing review of procurement PQQ tender strategies
- Managing relationships with appointed CDM Consultants, attending mobilisation, project development, and technical project meetings
- Contractor management, including carrying out third party construction, CDM and Health & Safety audits
- Ensuring suitable rigor around building handover, from completion of construction to operations
- Establishing property inductions for all new build properties in line with the Learning and Development Strategy
- Supporting the delivery of CDM training and workshops for project teams
- Monitoring, reporting, and analysing data
What We`re Looking for in You
- Substantial Construction Health and Safety experience
- Degree or Level 6 Qualification in Occupational Health & Safety and NEBOSH Construction Certificate
- In depth and practical knowledge of current CDM Regulations
- Lead Auditor qualification
- Experience in designing and implementation of Health and Safety Management Systems
- Experience in leading incident/accident investigations using RCA methodology
- Project Management Experience
What You`ll Get in Return
- An annual bonus so you can share in the company`s success
- 25 days` paid holiday
- Pension - based on how much you save, we`ll contribute 1% more
- Flexible working opportunities
- Shared Parental Leave - 18 weeks full pay
- Other benefits include, ShareSave, Bike to Work, Charity Match, amazing discounts and more!
About Unite Students
Founded in 1991, Unite Students is a FTSE 250 business and the UK`s leading provider of purpose-built student accommodation. You can find us in 27 leading university towns and cities, with close to 75,000 students calling uS home! We pride ourselves on delivering excellent service to our customers; no-one knows students better. Our purpose is to provide a Home for Success for the students that live with us, and a workplace to thrive and grow for the people who work with uS.
Room for Everyone
We`re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we`re passionate about building inclusive teams. We focus on creating a collaborative culture where you can be yourself, where your voice is heard and where you can truly belong. It is important to us that our people reflect the diversity of our students and the communities we work in. We celebrate being different and work together to be the best we can be.