This is a fantastic opportunity to lead the business in its approach to delivery of maintenance, both reactive and planned. Heading up our team of technical engineers across Unite Students` portfolio of 170 properties nationwide, you`ll be driving exceptional service to our customers, maximising asset life, shaping investment in our estate as well as operating within clear health and safety and statutory guidelines ensuring the business operates in a safe, secure and sustainable way.
Remote role - location flexible within the UK
What you`ll be doing
- Leading a technical team of engineers across the UK
- Developing the Estates team, ensuring the right mix of skills, high performance culture and a talent pipeline for the future
- Setting the strategic direction for the estate by informing the decision-making process for disposals, acquisitions and investments
- Taking the lead in driving our specification across all areas of the built environment
- Acting as an ambassador throughout the business for all estates-related issues
What We`re Looking for in You
- Evidence of leadership across a nationally spread team of skilled technicians
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Extensive experience in a Facilities Management or Estates Management role
- Expert knowledge of building construction, mechanical and electrical installations
- Expert knowledge of statutory regulations and legislation
- Detailed knowledge of Health and Safety responsibilities
What You`ll Get in Return
- An annual bonus so you can share in the company`s success
- Car allowance
- 25 days` paid holiday
- Competitive pension scheme - based on how much you save, we`ll contribute 1% more up to 11%
- Flexible working opportunities
- Shared Parental Leave - 18 weeks full pay
- We`ve earned a Gold award for Investors in People so you`ll be working for an employer who really cares about you and your career
- Other benefits include, ShareSave, Bike to Work, Charity Match, amazing discounts and more!
About Unite Students
Founded in 1991, we are a FTSE 250 business and the UK`s leading provider of purpose-built student accommodation. You can find us in 27 leading university towns and cities, with close to 75,000 students calling uS home! We pride ourselves on delivering excellent service to our customers; no-one knows students better. Our purpose is to provide a Home for Success for the students that live with us, and a workplace to thrive and grow for the people who work with uS.
Room for Everyone
We`re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we`re passionate about building inclusive teams. We focus on creating a collaborative culture where you can be yourself, where your voice is heard and where you can truly belong. It is important to us that our people reflect the diversity of our students and the communities we work in. We celebrate being different and work together to be the best we can be.