City: Central Leicester
Hours and Rota: 37.5 hours per week. This will be Monday - Friday, working between the hours of 9am and 5pm.
Salary: £9.50 per hour + bonus + benefits
Essential: Driving licence valid for driving in the UK
What you`ll be doing
- Providing general assistance throughout our student properties, such as taking deliveries, moving furniture and maintaining the grounds.
- Solving all sorts of basic maintenance issues with a can-do attitude - this could involve fixing doors, painting walls, cleaning the courtyard and changing light bulbs.
- Assisting the maintenance team in keeping our properties inexcellent condition.
What we`re looking for in you
- The student experience is at the forefront of everything we do, so you`ll be passionate about delivering top customer service.
- Ideally you will have experience with basic maintenance.
- You`ll have a flexible attitude and the ability to work as part of a team.
What you`ll get in return
- Regular shifts with guaranteed hours each week
- An annual bonus so you can share in the company`s success
- 25 days` paid holiday
- Pension scheme - based on how much you save, we`ll contribute 1% more
- Shared Parental Leave - 18 weeks full pay
- We`ve earned a Gold award for Investors in People so you`ll be working for an employer who really cares about you and your career
- Other benefits include, ShareSave, Bike to Work, Charity Match, amazing discounts and more!
About Unite Students
Founded in 1991, we are a FTSE 250 business and the UK`s leading provider of purpose-built student accommodation. You can find us in 27 leading university towns and cities, with close to 75,000 students calling uS home! We pride ourselves on delivering excellent service to our customers; no-one knows students better. Our purpose is to provide a Home for Success for the students that live with us, and a workplace to thrive and grow for the people who work with uS. Click to find out more about life at Unite.
Room for Everyone
We`re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we`re passionate about building inclusive teams. We focus on creating a collaborative culture where you can be yourself, where your voice is heard and where you can truly belong. It is important to us that our people reflect the diversity of our students and the communities we work in. We celebrate being different and work together to be the best we can be.
If this position sounds exciting to you, we would love to receive your application!
As part of our commitment to safeguarding our students, all new employees in this position will be required to undertake a basic criminal record check prior to commencing employment. The cost of this check will be incurred by Unite Students. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory criminal record check result.