In this fast-paced and exciting role you will work closely with the Senior Media and PR Manager and the Director of Communications in the day-to-day delivery of media relations, public relations, and broader external communications, with particular responsibility for managing key press office activities. You will also handle press and media enquiries and oversee the corporate website and our corporate social media channels.
This role offers the opportunity for hybrid flexible working. Remote working is available with fortnightly travel to our head office in central Bristol.
What You`ll Be Doing
- Managing key day-to-day activities of the press office, dealing with enquiries from national, regional and trade media outlets, providing timely, professional and on-brand responses
- Developing and nurturing strong working relationships with journalists from a broad range of publications, websites and other media channels
- Producing press releases, blogs and other content, utilising information and resources from both internal and external sources
- Managing updates to the corporate website and corporate social media accounts, ensuring a regular stream of relevant, current and engaging content is posted
- Developing a detailed understanding of our audiences across all channels, and developing content with a specific focus on the needs of these audiences
What We`re Looking for in You
- Substantial experience of working in a press or media relations role, with a deep understanding of how to manage press enquiries and how to deal with journalists
- Experience of enhancing newsflow and brand exposure through social media channels
- Exposure to working on crisis communications
- Experience of developing proactive strategies for planned press and media communications; you`ll be able to execute these strategies by writing and producing quality content in the form of press releases, blogs, Q&As etc.
- A creative approach to identifying and managing content, and willing and able to take responsibility, use initiative and judgement
What You`ll Get in Return
- An annual bonus so you can share in the company`s success
- 25 days` paid holiday
- Pension - based on how much you save, we`ll contribute 1% more up to 11%
- Flexible working opportunities
- Shared Parental Leave - 18 weeks full pay
- Other benefits include, ShareSave, Bike to Work, Charity Match, amazing discounts and more!
About Unite Students
Founded in 1991, Unite Students is a FTSE 250 business and the UK`s leading provider of purpose-built student accommodation. You can find us in 27 leading university towns and cities, with close to 75,000 students calling uS home! We pride ourselves on delivering excellent service to our customers; no-one knows students better. Our purpose is to provide a Home for Success for the students that live with us, and a workplace to thrive and grow for the people who work with uS.
Room for Everyone
We`re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we`re passionate about building inclusive teams. We focus on creating a collaborative culture where you can be yourself, where your voice is heard and where you can truly belong. It is important to us that our people reflect the diversity of our students and the communities we work in. We celebrate being different and work together to be the best we can be.