Customer Service and Sales Advisor - Student Accommodation
Location: Central Edinburgh
Salary: £9.76 per hour + bonus + benefits
Hours: 37.5 hours per week. Shifts will be Monday - Friday, working between the hours of 8am - 8pm. Weekends will be required on a rota basis
Come to Unite Students and flourish in a friendly, inspiring, and progressive team! The role demands forward thinking, the use of initiative and a desire to do better. We look to raise the bar every day for our customers and strive to create meaningful interactions which make a real impact. We look for heaps of positive energy, enthusiasm, and commitment to hard work. Real individuality and creativeness are welcome, be celebrated for being your true, talented self.
What you`ll be doing
- You`ll be joining a well respected, highly experienced, motivated local city team
- This is a front desk reception based role where you`ll be responsible for day to day care of and communication with our students
- Taking ownership of the day to day running and presentation of your own student accommodation property, working as part of a larger city support team
- There are many varied tasks including sales conversations, debt management, wellbeing interactions and property management tasks
- You will also conduct flat viewings and inspections and ensure ourcustomers are happy and comfortable in their homes
- In addition to your day to day responsibilities we also strive to provide additional tasks which contribute to the wider team and tap into your interests and personal skill set
Who we`re looking for
- A real can do and positive attitude, the ability to multi-task is also really important
- Excellent customer service skills and the desire to connect with our student population
- A keen eye for detail and a strong sense of pride in your work
- An excellent communicator with the ability to adapt your communication style to a wide range of customers and third parties including customers, parents and University partners
- A willingness to learn and take on new challenges
What you`ll get in return
- An annual bonus so you can share in the company`s success
- 25 days` paid holiday
- Pension scheme - based on how much you save, we`ll contribute 1% more
- Shared Parental Leave - 18 weeks full pay
- We`ve earned a Gold award for Investors in People, so you`ll be working for an employer who really cares about you and your career
- Other benefits include, ShareSave, Bike to Work, Charity Match, amazing discounts and more!
About Unite Students
Founded in 1991, we are a FTSE 250 business and the UK`s leading provider of purpose-built student accommodation. You can find us in 27 leading university towns and cities, with close to 75,000 students calling uS home! We pride ourselves on delivering excellent service to our customers; no-one knows students better. Our purpose is to provide a Home for Success for the students that live with us, and a workplace to thrive and grow for the people who work with uS.Click to find out more about life at Unite Students
Room for Everyone
We`re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we`re passionate about building inclusive teams. We focus on creating a collaborative culture where you can be yourself, where your voice is heard and where you can truly belong. It is important to us that our people reflect the diversity of our students and the communities we work in. We celebrate being different and work together to be the best we can be.
If this position sounds exciting to you, we would love to receive your application!
Please be assured, we are continuing to recruit for the vacancies advertised on our Jobs page and will be taking every precaution necessary, in line with Government and WHO guidelines, to ensure the health and safety of our candidates, employees and customers during the recruitment process.
While Government restrictions are in effect, all recruitment will take place without any physical contact; we will be using video interviews and telephone interviews to help you to bring your application to life from home!
If you have applied for a job with uS, we will be in touch with an update on your application soon. Thank you.