Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Manager
In this exciting and unique new opportunity, you`ll support the Group People Director in driving and embedding the Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) Strategy while building on a momentum of positive cultural change within Unite Students.
Using the latest research and best practice, you`ll play a pivotal role in developing a roadmap that promotes equality, diversity, inclusivity and inspires a sense of belonging for all employees.
What You`ll Be Doing
- Supporting and shaping Unite Students` approach to our EDI Strategy
- Helping to drive cultural change within the business and advising on EDI challenges and opportunities
- Playing a pivotal part in helping stakeholders to address any challenges they may have around equality, diversity and inclusion
- Working in collaboration with stakeholders at all levels to drive the pace of change and deliver a comprehensive set of objectives
- Promoting our progress and activities as an inclusive employer through appropriate internal and external communication channels
- Acting as a champion for EDI and celebrating our successes and wins throughout the organisation
What We Look For In You
- A passion for EDI backed with proven experience in designing, executing and implementing strategies
- Comprehensive specialist knowledge with a high degree of cultural sensitivity and understanding of EDI best practice
- Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to constructively challenge and influence a range of stakeholders
- Ability to communicate, engage and connect with employees on all levels through written and verbal channels
- Experience of delivering measurable change into a complex organisation
*Remote working with some travel across the UK - currently homeworking
What You`ll Get in Return
- An annual bonus so you can share in the company`s success
- 25 days` paid holiday
- Pension - based on how much you save, we`ll contribute 1% more
- Flexible working opportunities
- Shared Parental Leave - 18 weeks full pay
- Other benefits include, ShareSave, Bike to Work, Charity Match, amazing discounts and more!
About Unite Students
Founded in 1991, Unite Students is a FTSE 250 business and the UK`s leading provider of purpose-built student accommodation. You can find us in 27 leading university towns and cities, with close to 75,000 students calling uS home! We pride ourselves on delivering excellent service to our customers; no-one knows students better. Our purpose is to provide a Home for Success for the students that live with us, and a workplace to thrive and grow for the people who work with uS. Find out more about life at Unite.
Room for Everyone
We`re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we`re passionate about building inclusive teams. We focus on creating a collaborative culture where you can be yourself, where your voice is heard and where you can truly belong. It is important to us that our people reflect the diversity of our students and the communities we work in. We celebrate being different and work together to be the best we can be.
Please be assured, we are continuing to recruit for the vacancies advertised on our Jobs page and will be taking every precaution necessary, in line with Government and WHO guidelines, to ensure the health and safety of our candidates, employees and customers during the recruitment process.While Government restrictions are in effect, all recruitment will take place without any physical contact; we will be using video interviews and telephone interviews to help you to bring your application to life from home!
If you have applied for a job with uS, we will be in touch with an update on your application soon. Thank you.