Plumber - Student Accommodation
Location: You will be working at multiple properties in Newcastle city centre, all of which are easily accessible by public transport
Hours and Rota: 37.5 per week working between the hours of 8am - 8pm. Some weekend work will be required. You will also be on call 1 in every 8 weeks
Salary: Up to £29,000 + bonus + benefits
Essential: Driving licence valid for driving in the UK
What you`ll be doing as the Plumber
- You`ll be the technical specialist for plumbing works within the city
- Installing and repairing plumbing and heating systems
- Locating and rectifying a wide range of plumbing faults
- Providing reactive maintenance support and completingplanned tests and inspections
- Ensuring that all works are conducted to the highest safety and quality standards and in line with regulations
What we`re looking for in you
- The student experience is at the forefront of everything we do, so as the Plumber, you`ll be passionate about delivering top customer service
- Have experience of domestic or commercial plumbing within a customer facing role
- Have experience working within plant rooms with water and heating systems, including pumps, tanks and water heaters
- Anunderstanding of Health and Safety legislation and the L8 Code of Practice
- NVQ Level 2 (England) or SVQ Level 3 (Scotland)
- Hold a qualification in plumbing installation to a minimum of City and Guilds Part 2 &
What you`ll get in return
- No more long commutes to work - all our properties are based in the city centre
- Regular shifts with guaranteed hours each week
- Development and training opportunities
- An annual bonus so you can share in the company`s success
- 25 days` paid holiday
- Pension scheme - based on how much you save, we`ll contribute 1% more
- Shared Parental Leave - 18 weeks full pay
- We`ve earned a Gold award for Investors in People so you`ll be working for an employer who really cares about you and your career
- Other benefits include, ShareSave, Bike to Work, Charity Match, amazing discounts and more!
About Unite Students
Founded in 1991, we are a FTSE 250 business and the UK`s leading provider of purpose-built student accommodation. You can find us in 27 leading university towns and cities, with close to 75,000 students calling uS home! We pride ourselves on delivering excellent service to our customers; no-one knows students better. Our purpose is to provide a Home for Success for the students that live with us, and a workplace to thrive and grow for the people who work with uS. Click to find out more about life at Unite.
Room for Everyone
We`re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we`re passionate about building inclusive teams. We focus on creating a collaborative culture where you can be yourself, where your voice is heard and where you can truly belong. It is important to us that our people reflect the diversity of our students and the communities we work in. We celebrate being different and work together to be the best we can be.
If this position sounds exciting to you, we would love to receive your application!
Please be assured, we are continuing to recruit for the vacancies advertised on our Jobs page and will be taking every precaution necessary, in line with Government and WHO guidelines, to ensure the health and safety of our candidates, employees and customers during the recruitment process.
While Government restrictions are in effect, all recruitment will take place without any physical contact; we will be using video interviews and telephone interviews to help you to bring your application to life from home!
If you have applied for a job with uS, we will be in touch with an update on your application soon. Thank you.