Oracle EBS Technical Developer
This opportunity is a 6 month fixed term contract.
As Oracle EBS Technical Developer you will be responsible for providing technical expertise across Unite Students` suite of Enterprise Systems: bug fixing, system changes and enhancements, ad-hoc queries, and project initiatives to support system process enhancements. This role sits within the Enterprise Systems Technical team, enabling the business to fix issues in-house and develop a strategic system to support business processes and our internal users.
Founded in 1991, Unite Students is a FTSE 250 business and the UK`s leading provider of purpose-built student accommodation. You can find us in 27 leading university towns and cities, with close to 75,000 students calling uS home! We pride ourselves on delivering excellent service to our customers; no one knows students better. Our purpose is to provide a Home for Success for the students that live with us, and a workplace to thrive and grow for the people who work with uS. Click to find out more about life at Unite.
What you`ll be doing
- Providing expertise in developing solutions using SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle Ebs R12, Oracle RDBMS 12C
- Providing support for Unite Students` Enterprise Systems and the business processes they support; working to resolve any issues alongside the Enterprise Technical Team, our key users and 3rd party support partners
- Supporting business users with data queries and bug fixing in the following Oracle eBS modules: Accounts Receivable, Service Contracts, Advanced Collections, core financials (AP,GL,FA) and Procurement
- Bug fixing and continuing to develop customisations in the following solutions: SQL, PL/SQL, Forms, Reports, BI/XML Publisher, Workflow, XML Gateway, OAF, Unix Shell Scripting
- Delivering system changes and enhancements to improve business processes and provide the right tools for our users, working with our Managed Service provider where appropriate
- Creating and maintaining system documentation that supports IT and the business requirements
What we`re looking for
- Significant experience of Oracle technical solutions: SQL, PL/SQL, Forms, Reports, BI/XML Publisher, Workflow
- Knowledge and experience of providing support and analysis for Oracle EBS R12
- Experience of supporting and delivering IT change and IT projects
- Ability to liaise comfortably with key stakeholders
- Previous experience of working as a Systems Analyst to ensure that key business systems are aligned with, and provide support for, key business processes
What you`ll get in return
- 25 days` paid holiday
- Pension - based on how much you save, we`ll contribute 1% more
- Flexible working opportunities
- Shared Parental Leave - 18 weeks full pay
- Other benefits include, ShareSave, Bike to Work, Charity Match, amazing discounts and more!
Unite Students is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome people of all ages, ethnicities, disabilities, religions, gender identities and sexual orientations. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.