Service and Safety Supervisor - Student Accommodation
Hours and Rota: 37.5 per week. Your team work at night so the role requires you to work alongside them.Some night and weekend work will be required occasionally
Salary: Up to £25,000 + bonus + benefits
Essential: Driving licence valid for driving in the UK
Come to Unite Students to enrich lives with meaningful interactions and make a real impact! You willbe responsible for the continuous customer service, welfare and safety of our students, employees and visitors, in and around our properties. You will lead and support a team who could be helping a locked-out student get back into their room, talking through a students worries, or calmly resolving a dispute - expect no two days to be the same! You will be leading a brilliant team, sharing ourpurpose of providing our students with aHome for Success.
What you`ll be doing
- Supervising a multi-site team, ensuring the continuous safety, security and wellbeing of students and employees
- Line-management duties, including performance management, recruitment, rota planning and supporting team development
- Handling complaints, issues or incidents with the appropriate level of support from the emergency services
- Supporting your team when resolving challenging customer behaviour, conducting regular patrols, and identifying safety hazards and risks
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with University stakeholders and the local community
What we`re looking for in you
- Leadership experience (experience outside of a safety background is welcomed, eg restaurant supervisors)
- A passion for performance management and people development
- An excellent communicator; you`ll be happy to chat to our students
- A good working knowledge of Health and Safety
- An energetic, motivated individual who thrives in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Someone who is calm under pressure, with an objective approach when handling difficult situations
- An inclusive and fair problem solver, who treats everybody respectfully and equally; supporting students, visitors and staff of all ethnicities, gender identities, sexual orientations, disabilites, religions and ages.
What you`ll get in return
- Regular shifts with guaranteed hours each week
- An annual bonusso you can share in the company`s success
- 25 days` paid holiday
- Pension scheme - based on how much you save, we`ll contribute 1% more
- Shared Parental Leave - 18 weeks full pay
- We`ve earned a Gold award for Investors in People so you`ll be working for an employer who really cares about you and your career
- Other benefits include,ShareSave, Bike to Work, Charity Match, amazing discounts and more!
About Unite Students
Founded in 1991, we are a FTSE 250 business and the UK`s leading provider of purpose-built student accommodation. You can find us in 27 leading university towns and cities, with close to 75,000 students callinguShome! We pride ourselves on delivering excellent service to our customers; no-one knows students better. Our purpose is to provide a Home for Success for the students that live with us, and a workplace to thrive and grow for the people who work with uS.Click to find out more about life at Unite.
If this position sounds exciting to you, we would love to receive your application, please apply now!
Unite Students isan equal opportunities employer, and we welcome people of all ages, ethnicities, gender identities, disabilities, religions and sexual orientations. Please rest assured, your application will be dealt with objectively and in the strictest of confidence.