Location: You will be working at multiple properties in Coventry, all of which are easily accessible by public transport
Hours and Rota: 37.5 hours per week, between the hours of 8am - 8pm. Flexibility is required
Salary: Up to £21,000 + bonus + benefits
What we look for in you
- The student experience is at the forefront of everything we do, so you`ll be passionate about delivering top customer service
- Experience of working in a customer facing environment
- Experience providing housekeeping or cleaning services at a supervisory level
- Commercial awareness, including previous experience of working with budgets
- A track record of motivating others in the delivery of excellent customer service
- Excellent communication skills and can build relationships effectively with people
- Most of all, you`ll be someone who can respect, encourage and connect with the people you work with and the students who live with us
What you`ll get up to as a Housekeeping Supervisor
Here`s an idea of what to expect, you`ll be:
- Leading a team in providing a housekeeping and cleaning service
- Providing clear staff rotas, ensuring quality standards and checks, team accountability and high productivity
- Overseeing and conducting cleaning of the communal kitchens twice per month
- Logging maintenance issues when required, managing effective stock control processes and ensuring optimum stock levels are maintained.
- As well as a variety of important leadership and supervisory duties such as monitoring progress and quality of work, conducting 1-to-1 meetings, managing personal development needs and planning and managing resource levels (including rota management, holiday and recruitment)
What Unite Students is all about!
We`ve been the leaders in the purpose built student accommodation market since our foundation back in 1991 and have been at the top of our game ever since. We`ve grown a lot since then and you can now find us in 27different university towns or cities, with close to 75,000 students calling us home!
Benefits of working with uS
We recognise that your hard work shouldn`t come without its perks, so here`s a little list of some of the things you can expect to get from us:
- Great Pay! We are Living Wage Employer and proud of it
- We`ve earned an award for "Investors in People - Gold", so you`ll be working for an employer who really cares about you and your career
- Take time to relax with 25 days` holiday
- An annual bonus to reward you for all your hard work
- Enjoy amazing discounts at certain restaurants, retailers and entertainment venues
- And most importantly, you`ll be working within a fun, passionate and vibrant team
Unite Students is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome people of all ages, ethnicities, disabilities, religions or sexual orientations. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Please be assured, we are continuing to recruit for the vacancies advertised on our Jobs page and will be taking every precaution necessary, in line with Government and WHO guidelines, to ensure the health and safety of our candidates, employees and customers during the recruitment process.
While Government restrictions are in effect, all recruitment will take place without any physical contact; we will be using video interviews and telephone interviews to help you to bring your application to life from home!
For jobs based in our student accommodation, start dates will be arranged as soon as possible with precautions in place to keep you safe at work. For Head Office roles, start dates will be arranged once the restrictions have been lifted.
If you have applied for a job with uS, we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps and answer any questions you may have. Thank you.