Location: You will be responsible for our Cardiff region
Hours and Rota: 37.5 hours per week, usually Monday to Friday but flexibility required.
Salary: Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits
(A driving licence valid for driving in the UK is essential)
What Unite Students is all about!
We`ve been the leaders in the purpose built student accommodation market since our foundation back in 1991 and have been at the top of our game ever since. We`ve grown a lot since then and you can now find us in 27different university towns or cities, with close to 75,000 students calling us home!
What you`ll get up to as an Estates Manager
We are looking for an inspiring leader to work collaboratively with our teams, delivering a world-class Estates service for our customers and colleagues in what is a new city for Unite Students. A hugely exciting opportunity for the right person to set the vision and bring the team on a journey; implementing the right change to raise our already high standards of Health and Safety and Customer Experience and Maintenance Service.
We`re creating a high performing team in Cardiff to join our South West Region, and we`re looking for you to lead them.
You will be heading up a specialist Estates maintenance team based in Cardiff providing reactive and planned maintenance, small capex works, and supporting larger capex projects across the city. All with a continuous focus on providing exceptional student experience.
You will be responsible for the completion of maintenance related tasks in line with Unite Students required standards always ensuring safe, compliant and efficient buildings.
To give you an idea what to expect, you`ll be.......
- Forming part of the wider estates function contributing to the development of a high performing and positive team
- Leading a team of Estates Supervisors to ensure the completion of all required planned maintenance activity, inspections and certification.
- Working closely with the Estates Supervisors across a number of properties and cities, including:
- Managing performance effectively
- Supporting the training and development of the Estates team.
- Coaching and mentoring team members
- Acting as the lead for maintenance activity inyour region
- Responding and attending to maintenance and Health and Safety related calls within the required service level agreements
- Identifying and ensuring the rectification of a wide range of faults, defects, both domestic and commercial
- Logging maintenance issues reported via Maintenance Request Forms
- Responsible for managing budgets
- Scheduling teams working activities
- Responding and attending to maintenance and H&S related calls within the required SLA
- Ensuring the properties Asset register is complete and assets are inspected and maintained in accordance with the PPM programme
- Accountability for ensuring team members undertake trade based activities to the correct standard
What we look for in you
- Demonstrable experience of inspiring and leading teams
- A collaborator with experience of effectively delivering positive change in an Estates and FM capacity
- Experience of supervising and delivering reactive and planned statutory and non-statutory maintenance
- A proven budget manager with a wider focus on how cost control can contribute to regional profit
- Excellent working knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and its application in the workplace
- Experienced in managing 3rd party contractors
- The delivery of exceptional service to our customers is paramount for this role
Benefits of working with uS
We recognise that your hard work shouldn`t come without its perks, so here`s a little list of some of the things you can expect to get from us:
- We`ve earned an award for "Investors in People - Gold", so you`ll be working for an employer who really cares about you and your career
- Take time to relax with 25 days` holiday plus bank holidays
- An annual bonus to reward you for all your hard work
- 10% car allowance or a company car to help you get from A to B
- Enjoy amazing discounts at certain restaurants, retailers and entertainment venues
- Andmost importantly, you`ll be working within a fun, passionate and vibrant team
Please be assured, we are still recruiting for all vacancies advertised on our Jobs page and will be taking the necessary precautions, in line with Government and WHO guidelines, to ensure the health and safety of our candidates, employees and customers during the recruitment process.
As part of our commitment to safeguarding our students, all new employees in this position will be required undertake a basic criminal recordcheck prior to commencing employment. The cost of this check will be incurred by Unite Students.Any offer of employment will be subject to asatisfactory criminal record check result.
Unite Students is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome people of all ages, ethnicities, gender identities, disabilities, religions and sexual orientations. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.