Safety and Security Advisor
City: Central Leeds - easily accessible by public transport
Hours and Rota: 37.5 hours per week. This will involve working days and nights, including weekends on a rota basis, with a shift pattern of 4 on and 3 off. The shifts will fall between 6am to 4pm, 10am to 8pm or 8pm to 6am
Salary: £9.56 per hour
Essential: Driving licence valid for driving in the UK
What you`ll get up to as aSafety and Security Advisor:
To give you an idea what to expect, you`ll be:
- The first point of contact for the students, on hand to assist wherever you can.
- Patrolling the sites and looking out for hazards to keep the properties safe and secure.
- Providing a decisive and effective response to customer complaints and disputes; escalating where necessary.
- Responding to emergencies, liaising with our 24-hour emergency contact centre, and the emergency services when necessary.
- Faced with some challenging situations at times, so quick problem-solving and a calm head are a must.
What we look for in you:
- The student experience is at the forefront of everything we do, so you`ll be passionate about delivering top customer service.
- Ideally you`ll have experience within a customer service and security-focussed environment.
- You`ll be an approachable and fair person, confident to act in difficult situations.
- You must have a driving licence valid for driving in the UK.
- Most of all, you`ll be someone who can respect, encourage and connect with the people you work with and the students who live with us.
What Unite Students is all about!
We`ve been the leaders in the purpose built student accommodation market since our foundation back in 1991 and have been at the top of our game ever since. We`ve grown a lot since then and you can now find us in 28 different university towns or cities, with close to 50,000 students calling us home!
Benefits of working with uS
We recognise that your hard work shouldn`t come without its perks, so here`s a little list of some of the things you can expect to get from us:
- Regular shifts with guaranteed hours each week
- We`ve earned an award for "Investors in People - Gold", so you`ll be working for an employer who really cares about you and your career
- Take time to relax with 25 days` holiday
- An annual bonus to reward you for all your hard work
- Enjoy amazing discounts at certain restaurants, retailers and entertainment venues
- And most importantly, you`ll be working within a fun, passionate and vibrant team.
Please be assured, we are still recruiting for all vacancies advertised on our Jobs page and will be taking the necessary precautions, in line with Government and WHO guidelines, to ensure the health and safety of our candidates, employees and customers during the recruitment process.
Unite Students is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome people of all ages, ethnicities, disabilities, religions or sexual orientations. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.