Location: London or Bristol
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30am - 5pm
Salary: Up to £80,000 + bonus + benefits
What the job involves:
Responsible for providing strategic direction in relation to Operational and Statutory Compliance, with an emphasis on Safety and Estates, this role will involve working with key departments throughout the business to drive continuous improvement in organisational compliance.
To give you an idea of what to expect, you`ll be:
- Raising the profile of compliance management and embedding a positive proactive strategy that aligns with the company`s values and strategy.
- Liaising with all key functions within the organisation to agree compliance measures, and to develop and roll out plans to deliver compliance.
- The key advisor to Senior Management of the business on matters relating to all aspects of compliance.
- Working closely with the company`s insurers and our legal department.
- Forming part of the Safety Leadership team; leading on the identification and management of potential operational risks.
- Providing specialist advice, guidance and direction in relation to statutory and best practice compliance.
What we look for in you:
- Experience of working in an operational compliance management role within a similar sized, multi-site organisation, with evidence of influencing and driving behavioural change.
- Detailed knowledge of statutory regulations and legislation, and comprehensive knowledge of operational compliance.
- You`ll be adaptable, positive and proactive in response to changing commercial drivers and assessing the impact on initiatives.
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety responsibilities.
- Highly developed interpersonal communication skills, including excellent credibility, relationship building and influencing across all levels of organisations.
- An ability and willingness to travel across the UK.
What Unite Students is all about:
We`ve been the leaders in the purpose built student accommodation market since our foundation back in 1991 and have been at the top of our game ever since. We`ve grown a lot since then and you can now find us in 24 different university towns and cities, with over 50,000 students calling us home!
Benefits of working with uS:
We recognise that your hard work shouldn`t come without it`s perks, so here`s a list of some of the things you can expect to get from us:
- We`ve earned an award for Investors in People - Gold, so you`ll be working for an employer who really cares about you and your career
- Take time to relax with 25 days` holiday
- An annual bonus to share in the business`s success
- Enjoy amazing discounts at certain restaurants, retailers and entertainment venues
- Most importantly, you`ll be working within a fun, passionate and vibrant team
Unite Students is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome people of all ages, ethnicities, disabilities, religions, gender identities and sexual orientations. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.