Location: Central Bristol
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30am - 5pm
Salary: Up to £80,000 + bonus + benefits
What the job involves:
Reporting directly to the CIO, the Head of Strategy and Architecture is responsible for setting the technology direction to achieve the business strategy. Collaborating with stakeholders across the business with the IT leadership team and partners, the purpose of this role is to create, share, maintain and embed the overall application, data, and infrastructure architecture roadmap, blueprints and patterns.
A key responsibility for this role is also to identify new opportunities for innovation using technology; building relationships externally and creating an ecosystem for testing and showcasing opportunities to the wider business.
To give you an idea of what to expect, you`ll be:
- Defining, implementing, and maintaining the Enterprise IT Architecture; supporting the continuous development of the IT Strategy in line with the business strategy.
- Establishing a scalable architecture, including a flexible, lightweight and extensible integration framework.
- Chairing the Technical Design Authority, ensuring quality designs and principles are upheld and that architecture standards are met across IT.
- Providing project support with solution designs that meet the functional and non-functional standards in line with the architecture blue prints.
- Planning and executing technology proof of concepts and support pilots to both prove technology and refine and test deployment options.
- Supporting business initiatives with application review, supporting tender processes and providing specialist recommendations.
What we look for in you:
- Enthusiastic and driven with a proven track record of delivering IT change.
- The ability to communicate at all levels of the business, with experience of working with senior management and articulating IT issues in non-IT language.
- Experience of working with Public Cloud (AWS and/or Azure).
- Strong understanding of cloud / PaaS technologies to support application development and integration, including microservices, event queues and containers.
- Strong influencing skills and an ability to hold ground on the enforcement of architecture principles.
- The ability to manage and mentor Solution Architects and/or Developers.
What Unite Students is all about
We`ve been the leaders in the purpose built student accommodation market since our foundation back in 1991 and have been at the top of our game ever since. We`ve grown a lot since then and you can now find us in 24 different university towns and cities, with over 50,000 students calling us home!
Benefits of working with uS
We recognise that your hard work shouldn`t come without it`s perks, so here`s a list of some of the things you can expect to get from us:
- We`ve earned an award for Investors in People - Gold, so you`ll be working for an employer who really cares about you and your career
- Take time to relax with 25 days` holiday
- An annual bonus to share in the business`s success
- Enjoy amazing discounts at certain restaurants, retailers and entertainment venues
- Most importantly, you`ll be working within a fun, passionate and vibrant team
Unite Students is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome people of all ages, ethnicities, disabilities, religions, gender identities and sexual orientations. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.