Location: Oxford, Reading and Coventry
Hours:37.5 per week
Salary: Up to £40,000 + bonus + benefits
To give you an idea of what to expect, you`ll be:
- Collaborating with the Area Manager to develop local strategies and make commercial decisions with a view to improving short, medium, and long-term performance within the city.
- Ensuring quality and performance of service delivery across the city - managing the overall provision of excellent customer service, sales, safety and housekeeping activity.
- Developing and maintaining effective operational relationships with University stakeholders, third-parties and local authorities as appropriate.
- Overseeing and co-ordinating the performance of the city team, including managing the performance, engagement and development of departmental supervisors and their teams.
- Responsible for delivering local city and property commercial targets and KPIs, reporting performance updates to the Area Manager.
What we look for in you:
- Results-focused with the ability to work at pace whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Financial and commercial awareness, including experience of preparing, setting and managing costs and budgets and driving performance against them.
- Operational management experience within a customer facing environment, including performance management, people development, coaching or mentoring experience.
- Demonstrable success in developing and managing relationships with support functions, stakeholders and third-party suppliers.
- An ability to demonstrate an objective, professional and calm approach when handling difficult situations.
- Well-developed leadership skills and strong oral and written communication skills, including the proven ability to engage with customers and inspire teams.
What Unite Students is all about:
We`ve been the leaders in the purpose built student accommodation market since our foundation back in 1991 and have been at the top of our game ever since. We`ve grown a lot since then and you can now find us in 24 different university towns and cities, with over 50,000 students calling us home!
Benefits of working with uS
We recognise that your hard work shouldn`t come without it`s perks, so here`s a list of some of the things you can expect to get from us:
- We`ve earned an award for Investors in People - Gold, so you`ll be working for an employer who really cares about you and your career
- Take time to relax with 25 days` holiday
- An annual bonus to reward you for all your hard work
- Enjoy amazing discounts at certain restaurants, retailers and entertainment venues
- Most importantly, you`ll be working within a fun, passionate and vibrant team
Unite Students is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome people of all ages, ethnicities, disabilities, religions, gender identities and sexual orientations. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.