Location: You will be working at multiple properties in Birmingham city centre, all of which are easily accessible by public transport.
Hours and Rota: 37.5 hours per week. Shifts will be 5 days out of 7, working between 8am - 8pm. Weekend work will be required on a rota basis.
Salary: £8.45 per hour
(A driving licence valid for driving in the UK is essential)
What we look for in you
- The student experience is at the forefront of everything we do, so you`ll be passionate about delivering top customer service
- Ideally you will have experience with basic maintenance and general housekeeping
- You will have a driving licence valid for driving in the UK
- You`ll be a regular, friendly face around the property, happy to assist the students whenever you can
- Most of all, you`ll be someone who can respect, encourage and connect with the people you work with and the students who live with us
What you`ll get up to as a Facilities Assistant
Our Facilities Assistants really are our all-round heroes! To give you an idea what to expect, you`ll be:
- Solving all sorts of basic maintenance issues with a can-do attitude - this could involve fixing doors, painting walls, cleaning the courtyard and changing light bulbs
- Providing general assistance throughout our properties, such as taking deliveries, moving furniture and maintaining the grounds and logging any maintenance issues
What Unite Students is all about!
We`ve been the leaders in the purpose built student accommodation market since our foundation back in 1991 and have been at the top of our game ever since. We`ve grown a lot since then and you can now find us in 28 different university towns or cities, with close to 50,000 students calling us home!
Benefits of working with uS
We recognise that your hard work shouldn`t come without its perks, so here`s a little list of some of the things you can expect to get from us:
- Great Pay! We are Living Wage Employer and proud of it
- We`ve earned an award for "Investors in People - Gold", so you`ll be working for an employer who really cares about you and your career
- Take time to relax with 25 days` holiday plus bank holidays
- Guaranteed hours each week
- An annual bonus to reward you for all of your hard work
- Enjoy amazing discounts at certain restaurants, retailers and entertainment venues
- And most importantly, you`ll be working within a fun, passionate and vibrant team
Unite Students is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome people of all ages, ethnicities, disabilities, religions or sexual orientations. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.