Location: You will be working at multiple properties in Bristol city centre, all of which are easily accessible by public transport.
Hours: 37.5 per week, 8am - 5pm
Salary: Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
What you`ll get up to as a City Manager
To give you an idea what to expect, you`ll be:
- Driving a high quality service to ensure the safety and welfare of the students
- Ensuring sales goes are delivered, through developing and driving a high performing sales organisation
- Developing and cascading strategies to ensure delivery of KPI`s within the City
- Maximising net income through the use of good commercial practice and management
- Maintaining market and competitor intelligence
- Taking responsibility for understanding, creating, leading and delivering business planning across the city to establish clear goals and priorities
- Fostering effective working relationships with third party suppliers and key University stakeholders
- Driving a health and safety culture across the City, ensuring that Health and Safety legislation is adhered to at all times
What we look for in you
- You will have operational leadership experience within a customer facing environment
- Performance management, people development, coaching and mentoring
- Motivating others in the delivery of excellent customer service
- Developing and managing high performing multifunctional teams
- Building an effective Health & Safety culture
- Developing and managing relationships with support functions, stakeholders and third party suppliers
- Developing and utilising strong financial and commercial awareness (including previous experience of working with P&L, and managing costs and budgets)
- Driving licence valid for driving in the UK (essential)
- Most of all, you`ll be someone who can respect, encourage and connect with the people you work with and the students who live with us
What Unite Students is all about!
We`ve been the leaders in the purpose built student accommodation market since our foundation back in 1991 and have been at the top of our game ever since. We`ve grown a lot since then and you can now find us in 28 different university towns or cities, with close to 50,000 students calling us home!
Benefits of working with uS
We recognise that your hard work shouldn`t come without its perks, so here`s a little list of some of the things you can expect to get from us:
- No longer working every weekend - you`ll be working mainly Monday to Friday!
- We`ve earned an award for "Investors in People - Gold", so you`ll be working for an employer who really cares about you and your career
- Take time to relax with 25 days` holiday plus bank holidays
- An annual bonus to reward you for all your hard work
- Enjoy amazing discounts at certain restaurants, retailers and entertainment venues
- And most importantly, you`ll be working within a fun, passionate and vibrant team
Unite Students is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome people of all ages, ethnicities, disabilities, religions or sexual orientations. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.