Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Central Bristol
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30am - 5pm
Salary: Up to £55,000 + Bonus + Benefits
What the job involves:
Reporting into our Head of Enterprise Systems, the Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer role is pivotal in supporting and delivering Unite Students` IT infrastructure. Upon joining our busy and friendly IT team you`ll form close working relationships with IT colleagues, our internal customers and external partners, working collaboratively and flexibly to enable Unite Students to reach its goals.
To give you an idea of what to expect, you`ll be:
- Acting as a technical authority of all Unite Students infrastructure
- Helping the business to quickly and effectively solve infrastructure related issues
- Working within a full ITIL process led environment in all disciplines
- Championing and taking responsibility for hosting/operations, availability management, capacity management, backups and disaster recovery/continuity planning
- Ensuring the successful delivery of infrastructure projects
- Quickly understanding and taking the lead in new infrastructure patterns and technology
- Learning new technical skills where appropriate and monitoring external trends
What we look for in you:
It will be a given that you`ll have experience within a 3rd line IT infrastructure support or project team but it`s also important to us that you have:
- Design and support experience of at least 4 of the following: Microsoft, RedHat, Cisco, VMware, Dell, DataCore, Juniper, Oracle
- Infrastructure related, vocational certification in at least 2 of the following: Microsoft, RedHat, Cisco, VMware, Dell, DataCore, Juniper, Oracle
- An insatiable appetite for learning new infrastructure technologies
- Exceptional communication skills and customer focus
- Proven project delivery experience in an environment with little management or supervision
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- A driving licence and willingness to travel at short notice
What Unite Students is all about!
We`ve been the leaders in the purpose built student accommodation market since our foundation back in 1991 and have been at the top of our game ever since. We`ve grown a lot since then and you can now find us in 28 different university towns and cities, with close to 50,000 students calling us home!
Benefits of working with uS
We recognise that your hard work shouldn`t come without its perks, so here`s a list of some of the things you can expect to get from us:
- We`ve earned an award for Investors in People - Gold, so you`ll be working for an employer who really cares about you and your career, where you can be your best
- Take time to relax with 25 days` holiday
- An annual bonus to reward you for all your hard work
- Enjoy amazing discounts at certain restaurants, retailers and entertainment venues
- Most importantly, you`ll be working within a fun, passionate and vibrant team
Unite Students is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome people of all ages, ethnicities, disabilities, religions or sexual orientations. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.