We are looking for a Director to join our Unite Foundation on a permanent basis.
Location: Bristol or London
Team: Unite Foundation
Working Hours: Part-time, 0.5 FTE with some flexibility
Salary: up to £60,000 (pro-rata)
About The Unite Foundation:
The Unite Foundation is a charitable trust, established in 2012 by student accommodation provider Unite Students, that specialises in transforming the lives of young people from the most disadvantaged backgrounds, primarily through its flagship Scholarship Scheme.
The Unite Foundation is a registered charity in England, Wales and Scotland and is governed by a Board of Trustees that draws on senior level expertise both from within Unite Students and externally. For more information visit: www.unitefoundation.co.uk
What the Unite Foundation Director job involves:
Reporting to the Chair of the Foundation, you will:
- Inform and advise the Board of Trustees on the formulation of policy and strategy
- Raise the public profile of the Foundation, particularly within the HE sector, through personal contribution and visibility in policy debates.
- Monitor, evaluate and report to the Board on impact and charitable outcomes
- Compile monthly briefings to Trustees on strategic and policy matters. Deliver comprehensive quarterly reports to the Board informing of risks and opportunities.
- Interrogate quarterly and annual financial statements advising the Board of trends, risk and sustainability of the Foundation.
- Develop, and oversee delivery of, a fundraising and supporter stewardship strategy.
- Develop, resource and oversee delivery of new services or projects as required to enhance impact of the Foundation with its target beneficiaries.
- Act as the Foundation`s Data Protection Officer (DPO) and assume responsibility for safeguarding.
- Line manage the Foundation Head of Operations and empower team members, uS staff or volunteers to add value and continually improve scholar experience.
What We Look For In You:
You are likely to have experience in either the charitable or educational sector; in addition it is important to us that you have:
- A genuine passion for the work of the Unite Foundation and a determination to make a difference to its beneficiary groups
- High level of personal integrity, and a commitment to the purpose of the Unite Foundation
- Previous experience of operating at Director level in a relevant sector
- Experience in public policy work in areas relevant to the work of the Unite Foundation
- Highly developed relationship building, communication and influencing skills along with personal credibility
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Excellent business acumen and strong commercial and financial awareness
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills