A Payroll Assistant is required to join our Finance team in Bristol on a 14 month fixed term contract.
Location: Central Bristol
Hours: 37.5 per week working 8.30 am - 5.00 pm
Salary: up to £21,000
WHAT THE PAYROLL ASSISTANT JOB INVOLVES:
Joining this friendly team you`ll enjoy a range of activities meaning that no day is the same.
The role will see you:
- Processing payroll payments on a monthly basis within set deadlines
- Undertaking manual calculations for all statutory absences and holiday pay
- Entering variable overtime payments from timesheets
- Documenting taxable benefits made to employees in accordance with HMRC regulations
- Managing accurate monthly payroll reports and reconciliation of third party payments and completion of supporting spreadsheet
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
It`s really important to us is that you have:
- Demonstrable payroll processing experience
- The ability to meet deadlines without compromising on quality
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
This role will require you to have far reaching IT skills across most MS Office applications (particularly Excel) and a level of confidence in the use of new systems and databases.
What Unite Students is all about!
We`ve been the leaders in the purpose built student accommodation market since our foundation back in 1991 and have been at the top of our game ever since. We`ve grown a lot since then and you can now find us in 28 different university towns or cities, with close to 50,000 students calling us home!
Benefits of working with uS
We recognise that your hard work shouldn`t come without its perks, so here`s a little list of some of the things you can expect to get from us:
- We`ve earned an award for "Investors in People - Gold", so you`ll be working for an employer who really cares about you and your career
- Take time to relax with 25 days` holiday plus bank holidays
- An annual bonus to reward you for all your hard work
- Enjoy amazing discounts at certain restaurants, retailers and entertainment venues
- And most importantly, you`ll be working within a fun, passionate and vibrant team
Unite Students is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome people of all ages, ethnicities, disabilities, religions or sexual orientations. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.eng