A Joiner is required to join our team in Birmingham
WHAT THEJOINERJOB INVOLVES:
The Joiner role is a varied and challenging one where no one day is the same. As a Joiner, working within a friendly and supportive team you will be playing a vital role in ensuring that students living in our properties have a great experience.
Covering a number of our properties, you will be:
- Acting as a technical specialist for reactive and planned joinery services
- Resolving a variety of general maintenance issues and problems including but not limited to:
- Completing first and second fix on flooring, roofing and stairs
- Working with suited locking systems, both mechanical and electronic
- Installations, maintenance and adjustment of doors and frames
- Completing planned inspections and rectifying any remedial works
- Working closely with Maintenance Operatives resolving a variety of general maintenance issues and problems
- Ensuring that all works are conducted to the highest safety and quality standards and in line with regulations
- Following up on customer or property related issues
What we look for in you:
Although you may not have worked in the accommodation industry before, what is really important to us is that you:
- Hold a qualification in a wood trade to a minimum of City and Guilds 6706 Level 3
- Hold NVQ Level 2
- Have experience in a customer facing role
- Have developed a good knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- Are a first class team player who demonstrates a positive and collegiate attitude
- Hold a full UK driving licence
- Can work flexible hours (including some weekends), taking part in the on call rota
- Thrive on understanding, empathising and delivering against customer needs
- Possess strong communication skills and can build relationships effectively with people
- Are computer literate (training will be provided for the use of our PDA system)
- Are able to work at a fast pace, whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Have excellent personal time management and prioritisation skills
- Are self-motivated and able to work on your initiative
What Unite Students is all about!
We`ve been the leaders in the purpose built student accommodation market since our foundation back in 1991 and have been at the top of our game ever since. We`ve grown a lot since then and you can now find us in 28 different university towns or cities, with close to 50,000 students calling us home!
Benefits of working with uS
We recognise that your hard work shouldn`t come without its perks, so here`s a little list of some of the things you can expect to get from us:
- Great Pay! We are Living Wage Employer and proud of it
- We`ve earned an award for "Investors in People - Gold", so you`ll be working for an employer who really cares about you and your career
- Take time to relax with 25 days` holiday plus bank holidays
- An annual bonus to reward you for all your hard work
- Unless stated above, you won`t be working every weekend!
- Enjoy amazing discounts at certain restaurants, retailers and entertainment venues
- And most importantly, you`ll be working within a fun, passionate and vibrant team
As part of our commitment to safeguarding our students, all new employees in this position will be required undertake a basic criminal record check prior to commencing employment. The cost of this check will be incurred by Unite Students. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory criminal record check result.
Unite Students is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome people of all ages, ethnicities, disabilities, religions or sexual orientations. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.