A Test Manager is required to join our IT team in central Bristol.
WHAT THE TEST MANAGER ROLE INVOLVES:
Reporting to the Manager of Agile Systems, the Test Manager will be responsible for testing across our strategic platforms.
This will include:
- Planning, co-ordinating and supporting test activities and test resources
- Delivering and improving test strategies
- Developing effective relationships with stakeholders, including programme and project management and third party suppliers
- Co-ordinating activities across multiple platforms
- Authoring test documentation and preparing test scripts
- Providing testing guidance on various projects
- Defining, setting-up and maintaining testing tools
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
It will be a given that you`ll have experience across the testing lifecycle, including system integration, user acceptance and regression testing but it`s also important to us is that you have:
- Demonstrable experience of working within both waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Experience of managing teams and developing test analysts
- Experience of working with third-party suppliers
- Experience of testing core back office systems and business critical applications
- Experience in test automation and performance testing
- Knowledge and use of JIRA is ideal but not essential
ABOUT UNITE STUDENTS:
Unite Students revolutionised student housing in 1991, opening the first private and large-scale accommodation, created specifically for students. From pioneering to leading a thriving sector in the UK, Unite is now a FTSE250 company. We offer safe, high quality and bills-inclusive homes for around 50,000 students in 140 properties, across 28 university cities, working with 60 Universities.
Our 1,250 employees are committed to listening to our students and growing our business to anticipate and nurture their needs. Investors in People (IiP) recently awarded us `Gold Status` an accolade which recognises that Unite Students offers a great place to work with a clear commitment to developing employees. We are also accredited as a Living Wage employer by The Living Wage Foundation. Through our charity, The Unite Foundation, we have awarded free student accommodation and generous scholarships to 116 young people.
Unite Students is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome people of all ages, ethnicities, disabilities, religions or sexual orientations. We`re only interested in your talent, your potential and your personality and in offering you an environment where all three can develop and grow - regardless of your background. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.