Keep Home Running
Are you experienced in managing a team to deliver high quality planned and reactive maintenance services in a property management environment, whilst keeping a customer focus? Then we have room for you in an exciting and varied new role, in a company that will recognise, reward, and grow your potential.
We are Unite Students, a progressive FTSE 100 company and the leading provider of purpose-built student accommodation in the UK. We are looking for great people to join our Customer Operations team as Facilities Managers and help us provide outstanding service to the students who call US Home.
You will be responsible for managing our Housekeeping and Facilities teams to maintain a well-kept, safe, secure, compliant, and efficient environment across a cluster of properties, with support from the Team Leaders. This includes taking ownership of planned and reactive maintenance and housekeeping, and ensuring your team provide our students with a world-class and responsive service.
You will be able to:
- Articulate and advocate the organisations vision and strategic plans to your team to help deliver at a local level
- Take responsibility for the delivery of the planned maintenance strategy within your local cluster of properties
- Take responsibility for ensuring compliance with all relevant Health and Safety assessments and monitoring, ensuring compliance across the cluster
- Apply a consistent set of practices to identify team performance and gaps, build core competencies and improve overall employee performance
- Manage your own and your team`s workload and pressure, and adapt to evolving situations by seeking alternative approaches
- Assist the facilities engineering team in keeping our properties in excellent condition.
- Conduct regular building checks to make sure that our buildings are clean, safe, and secure
- Help us deliver on our sustainability strategies to provide net-zero carbon accommodation and create resilient, resource-efficient assets to do so
What we`re looking for in you:
- You will be able to confidently lead your team to maintain exceptional customer service
- You will have experience working within soft or hard facilities management
- You are able to manage the competing demands of compliance and delivering world-class experience for our students
- You remain calm and focussed, even in difficult or pressurised situations
- You are detail-orientated, nothing escapes your eye
- You understand and respect the diversity of others` cultures, beliefs, and backgrounds
What You`ll Get in Return
- A discretionary annual bonus so you can share in the company`s success
- 25 days` paid holiday and an annual holiday buying scheme, with 5 additional days awarded for long service
- A generous pension scheme - employer contributions between 5% and 11% depending on how much you save
- Various benefits to support your health and wellbeing including a Healthcare Cash Plan, an Employee Assistance Programme, a Wellbeing platform and a Gym benefit that you can share with your family and friends
- Enhanced Family Leave including 18 weeks full pay for birthing parents and 4 weeks for non-birthing parents
- Lots of other great benefits including an annual ShareSave scheme, Employee Life Assurance, a discounts portal and more!
About Unite Students
Founded in 1991, Unite Students is a FTSE 100 business and the UK`s largest provider of purpose-built student accommodation. You can find us in 23 leading university towns and cities, with over 70,000 students calling US home! We are driven by our values, culture, and a commitment to develop diverse and inclusive teams, filled with positive energy and new ideas.
Instinctive inclusion.We know that to create and maintain a happy healthy organisation, we have to work hard to ensure inclusion isn`t just what we do but who we are.
People make Unite Students. Employees, students, and neighbours all contribute to building environments where we can all thrive.
Room for Everyone
We`re proud to be an employer that embraces individuality, and we`re passionate about building inclusive teams. We focus on creating a collaborative culture where you can be you, where your voice is heard, and where you can truly belong. We take great pride in being rated Gold Investors in People and are constantly striving to provide the highest standard of learning and development opportunities and professional pathways for our people. Building a home for success, for both our employees and students, requires exceptional people with a passion for creating room for everyone, doing what`s right, keeping US safe, and raising the bar. Join us as we build better experiences for students that live with us.
We are US.
As part of our commitment to safeguarding our students, all new employees in this position will be required to undertake a basic criminal record check prior to commencing employment. The cost of this check will be incurred by Unite Students. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory criminal record check result.
If this position sounds exciting to you, we would love to receive your application!