Are you an ambitious and authentic leader, looking for an opportunity to develop in a company that`s in an enviable position in a structurally growing sector? Then we have room for you!
We are Unite Students, a progressive FTSE 100 company, and the leading provider of purpose-built student accommodation in the UK. We are looking for talented leaders with great potential and a desire to progress their careers, to join our Customer Operations team as General Managers. Help us build a world-class operation that exceeds the expectations of our customers whilst leading your own team to success.
You will report to the Regional General Manager and be accountable for the execution of national and regional strategies for a cluster of properties. You will deliver improved operational, safety, sales, and revenue performance, increase overall profitability, and drive improvements across the end-to-end customer and employee experience.
You will be able to
- Identify, understand, and balance short term and operational demands with the delivery of longer term and strategic priorities for your cluster of properties
- Identify, understand, and develop novel strategies to deliver against local and organisational priorities
- Build and lead high performing, engaged and motivated teams with a sense of belonging and community
- Build a customer focussed, safe, secure, and inclusive culture for all
- Advocate, communicate and deliver changes in working practices that support local and organisational success
- Understand, and absorb information from a range of different sources, and use it to make effective business decisions
- Understand root causes, analyse, and solve complex business issues
- Adapt your style to inspire, engage, and motivate others in varying situations
- Build effective and collaborative relationships at all organisational levels
We will provide you with:
- A market competitive salary and benefits package
- A personalised leadership development programme
- An opportunity to grow your skills in a supportive and collaborative environment.
Working 37.5 hours per week, the General Manager will be on property and available as business needs dictate, in line with our promise to our students of `being there when you need us` - this will include being part of an appropriate on-call rota alongside your team leaders and managers
What You`ll Get in Return
- A discretionary annual bonus so you can share in the company`s success
- 25 days` paid holiday and an annual holiday buying scheme, with 5 additional days awarded for long service
- A generous pension scheme - employer contributions between 5% and 11% depending on how much you save
- Various benefits to support your health and wellbeing including a Healthcare Cash Plan, an Employee Assistance Programme, a Wellbeing platform and a Gym benefit that you can share with your family and friends
- Enhanced Family Leave including 18 weeks full pay for birthing parents and 4 weeks for non-birthing parents
- Lots of other great benefits including an annual ShareSave scheme, Employee Life Assurance, a discounts portal and more!
About Unite Students
Founded in 1991, Unite Students is a FTSE 100 business and the UK`s largest provider of purpose-built student accommodation. You can find us in 23 leading university towns and cities, with over 70,000 students calling US home! We are driven by our values, culture, and a commitment to develop diverse and inclusive teams, filled with positive energy and new ideas.
Instinctive inclusion.We know that to create and maintain a happy healthy organisation, we have to work hard to ensure inclusion isn`t just what we do but who we are.
People make Unite Students. Employees, students, and neighbours all contribute to building environments where we can all thrive.
Room for Everyone
We`re proud to be an employer that embraces individuality, and we`re passionate about building inclusive teams. We focus on creating a collaborative culture where you can be you, where your voice is heard, and where you can truly belong. We take great pride in being rated Gold Investors in People and are constantly striving to provide the highest standard of learning and development opportunities and professional pathways for our people. Building a home for success, for both our employees and students, requires exceptional people with a passion for creating room for everyone, doing what`s right, keeping US safe, and raising the bar. Join us as we build better experiences for students that live with us.
We are US.
As part of our commitment to safeguarding our students, all new employees in this position will be required to undertake a basic criminal record check prior to commencing employment. The cost of this check will be incurred by Unite Students. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory criminal record check result.
If this position sounds exciting to you, we would love to receive your application!