Facilities Team Leader
Salary: £25,630 - £30,800 per annum (depending on experience), plus bonus and benefits
Hours: 37.5 hours per week. FacilitiesTeam Leaders work 5 days out of 7, between the hours of 8am and 8pm. Weekends will be required on a rota basis.
Keep Home Running
Are you experienced in delivering high quality planned and reactive maintenance services in a property management environment, whilst keeping customers at the heart of everything you do? Then we have room for you in an exciting and varied new role, in a company that will recognise, reward, and grow your potential.
We are Unite Students, a progressive FTSE 100 company and the leading provider of purpose-built student accommodation in the UK. We are looking for great people to join our Customer Operations team as Facilities Team Leaders and help us provide outstanding service to the students who call US Home.
You will be accountable for a small team of Facilities Team Members, helping to maintaining a well-kept, safe, secure, compliant, and efficient environment. This includes taking ownership of planned and reactive maintenance, and ensuring your team provide our students with a world-class and responsive service.
You will be able to:
- Support the Facilities Manager to build and develop a motivated, engaged, and high-performance team
- Support the routine activities of your team, including delegating tasks and setting targets
- Supporting the training and development of your team members to help them reach their potential
- Take accountability for your team`s responsiveness in solving students` problems
- Take accountability for your team`s performance, actively participating in performance management conversations and personal development plans
- Assume Facilities Team Member duties when the Facilities Manager is on shift
- Ensure compliance checks are done correctly and on time
You will lead and motivate your team to:
- Provide general maintenance assistance throughout our student properties, such as taking deliveries, moving furniture, and maintaining the grounds.
- Solve all sorts of basic maintenance issues with a can-do attitude - this could involve fixing doors, painting walls, cleaning the courtyard, or changing light bulbs.
- Assist the facilities engineering team in keeping our properties in excellent condition.
- Conduct regular building checks to make sure that our buildings are clean, safe, and secure.
- Help us deliver on our sustainability strategies to provide net-zero carbon accommodation and create resilient, resource-efficient assets to do so.
What we`re looking for in you:
- Must have a full UK drivers license
- You will have general knowledge or experience working within maintenance, e.g., minor electrical, decorating, plumbing, joinery work.
- You will be able to confidentially lead your team in the absence of the Facilities Manager to maintain exceptional customer service
- You are able to manage the competing demands of compliance and delivering world-class experience for our students
- You can delegate tasks fairly, bearing in mind your team`s strengths and weaknesses
- You will communicate effectively, by actively listening, making points logically, and by using appropriate language, tone, and gesture
- You have great time management and organisational skills, with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- You remain calm and focussed, even in difficult or pressurised situations
- You are detail-orientated, nothing escapes your eye
- You are confident working both on your own or as part of the team.
- You understand and respect the diversity of others` cultures, beliefs, and backgrounds
What You`ll Get in Return
- A discretionary annual bonus so you can share in the company`s success
- 25 days` paid holiday and an annual holiday buying scheme, with 5 additional days awarded for long service
- A generous pension scheme - employer contributions between 5% and 11% depending on how much you save
- Various benefits to support your health and wellbeing including a Healthcare Cash Plan, an Employee Assistance Programme, a Wellbeing platform and a Gym benefit that you can share with your family and friends
- Enhanced Family Leave including 18 weeks full pay for birthing parents and 4 weeks for non-birthing parents
- Lots of other great benefits including an annual ShareSave scheme, Employee Life Assurance, a discounts portal and more!
About Unite Students
Founded in 1991, Unite Students is a FTSE 100 business and the UK`s largest provider of purpose-built student accommodation. You can find us in 23 leading university towns and cities, with over 70,000 students calling US home! We are driven by our values, culture, and a commitment to develop diverse and inclusive teams, filled with positive energy and new ideas.
Instinctive inclusion. We know that to create and maintain a happy healthy organisation, we have to work hard to ensure inclusion isn`t just what we do but who we are.
People make Unite Students. Employees, students, and neighbours all contribute to building environments where we can all thrive.
Room for Everyone
We`re proud to be an employer that embraces individuality, and we`re passionate about building inclusive teams. We focus on creating a collaborative culture where you can be you, where your voice is heard, and where you can truly belong. We take great pride in being rated Gold Investors in People and are constantly striving to provide the highest standard of learning and development opportunities and professional pathways for our people. Building a home for success, for both our employees and students, requires exceptional people with a passion for creating room for everyone, doing what`s right, keeping US safe, and raising the bar. Join us as we build better experiences for students that live with us.
We are US.
As part of our commitment to safeguarding our students, all new employees in this position will be required to undertake a basic criminal record check prior to commencing employment. The cost of this check will be incurred by Unite Students. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory criminal record check result.
If this position sounds exciting to you, we would love to receive your application!