Unite Students has a fantastic new opportunity for a Procurement Analyst in our growing Procurement team.
The Procurement Analyst supports the wider Procurement function through the creation, development and delivery of industry-leading spend, market, functional and supplier performance reporting and analytics. Furthermore, they have ownership for the development and management of procurement databases and/or systems, such as contracts, supplier data, opportunity & pipeline planning, supplier and functionals performance indicators/KPIs and commodity pricing.
The Procurement Analyst is a pivotal role in the procurement team; our success is dependent on the services provided by this role. This role reports to the Procurement Director and will have dotted line reporting into Insight & Analytics.
What You`ll Be Doing
- Responsible for the creation, development, and delivery of industry-leading spend, market, functional and supplier performance reporting and analytics which enable self serve where possible within the procurement team
- Working with the wider procurement team and key business stakeholders - listening to their procurement data and analysis needs, positively advising on options and ultimately delivering those asks. Educating the team on data and how to use it to make business decisions
- Creation of procurement logs and input into and management of procurement systems
- Supporting the Procurement Managers in analysis and baselining of sourcing projects (competitor and market analysis, pricing, units, volumes, indices)
- Using relevant data to enable tracking of management information and KPIs such as category savings, procurement SLAs
- Working with the Data and Analytics team to create relevant and fit for purpose dashboards on a determined frequency, enabling self service wherever possible
- Being the expert in the provision of reporting and analysis on all aspects of procurement from spend, pricing and opportunity analysis, through to supplier trends and usage
- Interpreting requirements, pulling relevant data inputs together in order to report and analyse, highlighting patterns and conclusions in that fulfils and surpasses requirements
- Identifying and working with the data engineer to map together a variety of data sources needed to achieve leading procurement analysis
- Reporting on procurement KPIs for a range of audiences and frequencies
- Providing analytical support to the Procurement function and wider business:
- Profiling & baselining current spend
- Market analysis & benchmarking
- Identifying trends and other considerations for Procurement strategy
- Identifying strategic & tactical opportunities
- Tracking market indices
- Using data to form recommendations of benefit to best-value procurement of our good and services
- Developing and managing a means to track supplier performance for key suppliers and identifies opportunities to iteratively improve the value delivered by our suppliers
- Creation of procurement logs and input into and management of procurement systems such as contracts, supplier account management, projects planning
- Establishing and managing how we share key information with our internal through use of technology
- Works closely with the Data & Insights team, seeking advice, support and training as needed on best practices and aligning in how results are best achieved
What We`re Looking for in You
- Communication skills: Strong written and verbal communication, able to listen, ask questions and communicate options and results
- Accountability: Able to prioritize work, meet deadlines and targets
- Analytical Skills: A curious technical individual, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills and techniques
- Able to interpret requirements, pull relevant data inputs together, report and analyse, highlighting patterns and conclusions in a way the stakeholder understands and needs
- Technical Knowledge: Highly skilled in data, visualisation and analytics tools to perform data analysis and present results; e.g. SQL (basic level), Tableau, Power BI and/or MS Excel
- Team/Customer Focus: Demonstrates customer-first behaviour
What You`ll Get in Return
- An annual bonus so you can share in the company`s success
- 25 days` paid holiday
- Pension - based on how much you save, we`ll contribute 1% more
- Flexible working opportunities
- Shared Parental Leave - 18 weeks full pay
- Other benefits include, ShareSave, Bike to Work, Charity Match, amazing discounts and more!
About Unite Students
Founded in 1991, Unite Students is a FTSE 100 business and the UK`s leading provider of purpose-built student accommodation. You can find us in 25 leading university towns and cities, with 74,000 students calling US home! We are driven by our values, culture, and a commitment to develop diverse and inclusive teams, filled with positive energy and new ideas.
Instinctive inclusion. We know that to create and maintain a happy healthy organisation, we have to work hard to ensure inclusion isn`t just what we do but who we are.
People make Unite Students. Employees, students and neighbours all contribute to building environments where we can all thrive.
Room for Everyone
We`re proud to be an employer that embraces individuality, and we`re passionate about building inclusive teams. We focus on creating a collaborative culture where you can be you, where your voice is heard, and where you can truly belong. We take great pride in being rated Gold Investors in People and are constantly striving to provide the highest standard of learning and development opportunities and professional pathways for our people. Building a home for success, for both our employees and students, requires exceptional people with a passion for creating room for everyone, doing what`s right, keeping US safe, and raising the bar. Join us as we build better experiences for students that live with us.
We are US.