Supporting the business in the management and provision of Health, Safety, Fire & Security governance and compliance, the Safety Governance and Compliance Manager will work cohesively across H&S, Fire and Security Teams to ensure consistent national approach to ensure the safety of employees, customers, authorised suppliers, contractors and members of the public entering or residing around our properties.
What You`ll Be Doing
- Business Partner with the Comms function, Risk & Assurance Function, Central Operations function, Insurance & legal team
- Line Management of Health and Safety co-ordinator
- Review and management of H&S Management System including all policy, procedures and guidance
- Support with co-ordination of Security Management System and Fire Safety Management System to ensure collaboration and consistency
- Own and manage integrated Risk Register (with support of Estates PPM Team) and risk assessment process
- Project Management of any Health, Safety, Fire & Security Projects. Own and manage PM software tool
- Manage Health, Safety, Fire & Security Intranet (HUB content)
- Report on H&S Training compliance
- Management of H&S Software System including reporting
- Management of Health, Safety, Fire & Security Communications to ensure national consistency - responsible for proactive calendar/cadence of H&S communication and reactive H&S alerts
- Review and monitor all legal and regulatory compliance and update / communicate to relevant key stakeholders
- Horizon scanning for legislative changes and manage communication/ policy updates
- Periodic quality assurance checks of H&S and Security investigations and post-fire reviews
- Providing updates, reporting and analysis to Head of H&S/Head of Fire Safety on safety governance and compliance
- Liaison with GDPR Team and Data Protection Team
- Management of H&S Cost Centre Budget
- Support internal Risk & Assurance audit team and/or co-ordination of external third-party audits.
- Management of external accreditation where applicable - manage contract, relationship, performance and reporting (e.g. BSC or ISO accreditation).
What We`re Looking for in You
- Minimum Level 6 Health & Safety Qualification
- Qualification in Project Management
- Great communicator - experience at developing engaging H&S comms
- Stakeholder management - develops great relationships with third parties and internal business partners
- Experience at managing H&S Software systems and improving reporting
- Experience of manging business insight, analysis of data and predictive analytics
- Analytical skills and ability to manage budgets
What You`ll Get in Return
- An annual bonus so you can share in the company`s success
- 25 days` paid holiday
- Pension - based on how much you save, we`ll contribute 1% more
- Flexible working opportunities
- Shared Parental Leave - 18 weeks full pay
- Other benefits include, ShareSave, Bike to Work, Charity Match, amazing discounts and more!
About Unite Students
Founded in 1991, Unite Students is a FTSE 250 business and the UK`s leading provider of purpose-built student accommodation. You can find us in 25 leading university towns and cities, with 74,000 students calling US home! We are driven by our values, culture, and a commitment to develop diverse and inclusive teams, filled with positive energy and new ideas.
Instinctive inclusion. We know that to create and maintain a happy healthy organisation, we have to work hard to ensure inclusion isn`t just what we do but who we are.
People make Unite Students. Employees, students and neighbours all contribute to building environments where we can all thrive.
Room for Everyone
We`re proud to be an employer that embraces individuality, and we`re passionate about building inclusive teams. We focus on creating a collaborative culture where you can be you, where your voice is heard, and where you can truly belong. We take great pride in being rated Gold Investors in People and are constantly striving to provide the highest standard of learning and development opportunities and professional pathways for our people. Building a home for success, for both our employees and students, requires exceptional people with a passion for creating room for everyone, doing what`s right, keeping US safe, and raising the bar. Join us as we build better experiences for students that live with us.
We are US.