Technology at Unite Students
We`re all about creating a Home for Success for our students, using technology and data to empower them to find their home, their tribe and have a great stay with us through their studies.
Fast Paced. Innovative. Curious. Inspiring. Inclusive. Providing a home for 74,000 students in more than 170 buildings, the success of our customers, colleagues and partnerships are the measure of our work; we take our goals seriously, knocking them out of the park whilst having fun and helping each other grow. Prop-tech is an exciting sector and you`ll be part of a team that is redefining the end-to-end experience for our customers and introducing new ways to add value through products, technology and data. Our ambition is to run the best platforms and experiences in the sector and we`re investing in people and technology. Building an inclusive team that is diverse is essential- it`s what makes us, US. We`re passionate about building a team that respects, celebrates, and thrives from, the different experiences diversity of thought can bring. Whether you`re interested in Marketing, Digital, CRM, Property Maintenance, Robotics and Automation, DevOps, Cloud and Data Engineering, Smart Building and IOT - or all of it! - there`s a place for you in our Technology Team. We`re here to make a difference across the board.
Customers are the reason we wake up in the morning. We help our colleagues deliver a Home for Success by helping to turn the ordinary into the extraordinary, ensuring they have all they need to support students and guardians - from viewings and bookings through to in-building support and more. We also facilitate our Higher Education and Agents partnerships to help domestic and international students find a home near their chosen university.
This is a rare opportunity to head up the build of a new and refreshed Customer 360 capability to manage our customers and partners.
Our core mission is to create a Home for Success and we are investing in evolving our Customer 360, Bookings and Marketing Automation capabilities to be at the forefront on how we delight our customers and work with our partners.
You will need to evolve and hire your Customer technology team, take technical decisions, build and operate the platform to support both customers and colleagues.
As part of this, you will need to integrate with digital, payments, finance and property management technologies and ensure we gather and use data to inform our digital roadmap.
In this role you will split your time between hands-on development and team leading activities. You will motivate, coach and manage the customer technology teams and you will be a key interface with marketing, sales, operations and partner stakeholders and teams, as well as other development teams.
You and the team will be tracking the efficiency of the platform and make clever use of technology to minimise complexity, evolving the offering as needed to support growing customer and business needs.
The ideal candidate will have outstanding communication skills, proven CRM, Marketing and Customer Care platform design and implementation capabilities, and a proactive drive to deliver results. You will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and will enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
What You`ll Be Doing
- Deliver an easy to use and operate platform to help our colleagues delight our customers
- Gather requirements from experience, marketing, insight and operations teams
- Manage, hire into and upskill the new customer technology team
- Define the technical roadmaps and recommend improvements
- Design and build the platform and colleague workflows
- Run the customer platform
What We`re Looking for in You
- Customer and business focus. You are able to forge positive relationships with technical and non technical stakeholders at all levels. You are able to explain and simplify technical concepts to colleagues with different skills. You are able to distill complex problems and find simple solutions to drive value creation through data and analytics.
- Customer 360 / CRM. You have worked on CRM and CDP platforms using leading cloud based solutions (across one of more vendors, e.g. Salesforce, Dynamics, Hubspot) enabling the creation of a 360 view of prospects and customers and enabling colleagues and channels. You understand how to study and understand and segment customers and how to build, adopt and operationalise CRM platforms.
- Servicing. You have experience in delivering customer service and support solutions across channels including, for example, email, voice, web, mobile and chat. You are on the leading edge of implementing service automation in order to generate better customer experiences and streamline operational service costs with a `one touch resolution` mindset.
- Acquisition and Marketing. You are fluent in advertising and marketing, have supported your sales and marketing department to be effective at search optimisation, omni-channel campaign management, leads management, understanding and optimising acquisition costs.
- Innovation. You are curious and are more than your past implementations. You are learning, scanning the market for trends, new approaches and technologies. You have tried new ways of working or emerging technologies. You can predict and advise on future technology changes that present opportunities for a product or service.
- Bachelor`s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- 5+ Years of Customer / CRM Technology Leadership experience
- Certifications from cloud providers and/or from online course providers
What You`ll Get in Return
- An annual bonus so you can share in the company`s success
- 25 days` paid holiday
- Pension - based on how much you save, we`ll contribute 1% more
- Flexible working opportunities
- Shared Parental Leave - 18 weeks full pay
- Other benefits include, ShareSave, Bike to Work, Charity Match, amazing discounts and more!
About Unite Students
Founded in 1991, Unite Students is a FTSE 250 business and the UK`s leading provider of purpose-built student accommodation. You can find us in 25 leading university towns and cities, with 74,000 students calling US home! We are driven by our values, culture, and a commitment to develop diverse and inclusive teams, filled with positive energy and new ideas.
Instinctive inclusion. We know that to create and maintain a happy healthy organisation, we have to work hard to ensure inclusion isn`t just what we do but who we are.
People make Unite Students. Employees, students and neighbours all contribute to building environments where we can all thrive.
Room for Everyone
We`re proud to be an employer that embraces individuality, and we`re passionate about building inclusive teams. We focus on creating a collaborative culture where you can be you, where your voice is heard, and where you can truly belong. We take great pride in being rated Gold Investors in People and are constantly striving to provide the highest standard of learning and development opportunities and professional pathways for our people. Building a home for success, for both our employees and students, requires exceptional people with a passion for creating room for everyone, doing what`s right, keeping US safe, and raising the bar. Join us as we build better experiences for students that live with us.
We are US.