Technology at Unite Students
We`re all about creating a Home for Success for our students, using technology and data to empower them to find their home, their tribe and have a great stay with us through their studies.
Fast Paced. Innovative. Curious. Inspiring. Inclusive. Providing a home for 74,000 students in more than 170 buildings, the success of our customers, colleagues and partnerships are the measure of our work; we take our goals seriously, knocking them out of the park whilst having fun and helping each other grow. Prop-tech is an exciting sector and you`ll be part of a team that is redefining the end-to-end experience for our customers and introducing new ways to add value through products, technology and data. Our ambition is to run the best platforms and experiences in the sector and we`re investing in people and technology. Building an inclusive team that is diverse is essential- it`s what makes us, US. We`re passionate about building a team that respects, celebrates, and thrives from, the different experiences diversity of thought can bring. Whether you`re interested in Marketing, Digital, CRM, Property Maintenance, Robotics and Automation, DevOps, Cloud and Data Engineering, Smart Building and IOT - or all of it! - there`s a place for you in our Technology Team. We`re here to make a difference across the board.
We use technology to help our students have a great experience throughout their student life with mobile as a value add companion whilst living in our properties. We help connect them to each other, to our fun events, to our support and services, to useful content, education, partners and work opportunities which make Unite Students more than a room and a great place to study.
This is a rare opportunity to head up the newly formed technical product management team and oversee the build of a new exciting suite of products and services to remain at the forefront of what we do.
Our core mission is to create a Home for Success and we are investing in evolving our digital marketing, Customer 360 and Property 360 capabilities to be at the forefront on how we delight our customers, work with our partners and operate our buildings.
You will need to upskill and hire your product management team, lead the definition of product roadmaps through to technical implementation and ongoing iteration with a key objective to improve customer and colleague satisfaction, differentiating propositions and value creation.
As part of this, you will need to work with digital, marketing, property, operations, finance business and technology teams and ensure we gather and use data to inform our roadmaps and measure success.
In this role you will split your time between hands-on product development and team leading activities. You will motivate, coach and manage the technical product managers and you will be a key interface with several senior stakeholders and teams, as well as development teams.
You and the team will be researching the market to ensure we keep a competitive edge and will make clever use of technology to minimise complexity, optimise time to value and deliver value iteratively.
The ideal candidate will have outstanding communication skills, proven product management experience and a proactive drive to deliver results. Youwill be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and will enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
What You`ll Be Doing
- Deliver great products to help our colleagues and delight our customers
- Understand needs from experience, marketing, insight and operations teams and primary research
- Manage, hire into and upskill the evolving technical product management team
- Define the product roadmaps and recommend improvements
- Test and Learn using experimentation and data to evolve offerings
What We`re Looking for in You
- Customer and business focus. You are able to forge positive relationships with technical and non technical stakeholders at all levels. You are able to explain and simplify technical concepts to colleagues with different skills. You are able to distill complex problems and find simple solutions to drive value creation.
- Product Management. You have experience in developing products through insights from data and market research, defining key features, managing investment levels as well as product marketing, releases and launches. You can create a compelling vision and take it all the way through technical implementation. You know how to set team standards, ways of working and tooling. You are fluent in product management approaches, frameworks and actively participate in industry and the product community.
- Agile and Continuous Delivery. You are proficient in developing product backlogs, working with engineering teams, achieving smooth planning, estimation and continuous delivery. You are an effective subservient leader able to empower teams and a creative problem solver to remove impediments and prioritise effectively.
- Digital, marketing and servicing. Whilst our products portfolio goes beyond this, you have strong personal experience in creating and launching and evolving customer facing products, with a key focus on mobile products. You are fluent in various aspects of digital including marketing, content management and marketing, usability, omni-channel communications and digital support and servicing.
- Innovation. You are curious and are more than your past implementations. You are learning, scanning the market for trends, new approaches and technologies. You have tried new ways of working or emerging technologies. You can predict and advise on future digital trends that present opportunities for a product or service.
- 5+ Years of Product Management Leadership experience
What You`ll Get in Return
- An annual bonus so you can share in the company`s success
- 25 days` paid holiday
- Pension - based on how much you save, we`ll contribute 1% more
- Flexible working opportunities
- Shared Parental Leave - 18 weeks full pay
- Other benefits include, ShareSave, Bike to Work, Charity Match, amazing discounts and more!
About Unite Students
Founded in 1991, Unite Students is a FTSE 250 business and the UK`s leading provider of purpose-built student accommodation. You can find us in 25 leading university towns and cities, with 74,000 students calling US home! We are driven by our values, culture, and a commitment to develop diverse and inclusive teams, filled with positive energy and new ideas.
Instinctive inclusion. We know that to create and maintain a happy healthy organisation, we have to work hard to ensure inclusion isn`t just what we do but who we are.
People make Unite Students. Employees, students and neighbours all contribute to building environments where we can all thrive.
Room for Everyone
We`re proud to be an employer that embraces individuality, and we`re passionate about building inclusive teams. We focus on creating a collaborative culture where you can be you, where your voice is heard, and where you can truly belong. We take great pride in being rated Gold Investors in People and are constantly striving to provide the highest standard of learning and development opportunities and professional pathways for our people. Building a home for success, for both our employees and students, requires exceptional people with a passion for creating room for everyone, doing what`s right, keeping US safe, and raising the bar. Join us as we build better experiences for students that live with us.
We are US.