In this exciting new role, you`ll provide proactive guidance, assistance, and industry leading approaches to support Unite Students in all duties relating to fire safety. Specifically, this role will lead on fire safety in Special Projects, assisting the business to achieve industry best practice within its external facade replacement programmes and other Special Projects. Working closely with the Fire Safety team and other wider teams, you will also play a key role in promoting a positive fire safety culture and ensuring best practice in fire safety management.
This role is available for remote working and can be based anywhere in the UK. Regular travel to our student accommodation properties across the UK will be required - all properties are based in city centre locations and easily accessible by train.
What You`ll Be Doing
- Supporting the Special Projects team and external consultants with fire safety guidance from initial inspection through project delivery to full remediation
- Providing best practice advice in relation to external facade systems, government guidance requirements and risk mitigation
- Supporting Unite Students` Property Development team and Fire Engineers at all stages in the planning and build of our properties, providing fire safety best practice in line with appropriate standards and guidance
- Delivering effective advice and support to our Operations, Estates, Technical, Projects, Development and other wider teams to ensure Fire Safety best practice is maintained throughout the organisation
- Continually developing, improving and implementing all aspects of the Fire Safety Management System and other associated guidance including Unite Students` Keeping uS Safe Guide
- Supporting the organisation in the adoption of legislative, sector and industry change
- Working with internal and external stakeholders within the sector and wider industry to ensure Unite Students continue to keep ahead of emerging topics and manage fire safety well
What We`re Looking for in You
- Experience providing fire safety advice and guidance regarding external facades
- Experience providing fire safety advice and guidance on projects
- Level 4 Certificate in Fire Safety or above with evidence of pro-active personal development approach
- Associate IFE membership or similar
- Demonstrable track record of proactively delivering measurable fire safety improvements
- Knowledge of requirements and best practice approaches to all aspects of residential fire safety
- Proven ability to influence and engage across a business, with an ability to lead by example
- Comfortable in the use of technology and IT systems including MS Office
- Adaptable, positive and proactive to changing commercial drivers with an ability to continually assess impact on your areas of responsibility
What You`ll Get in Return
- An annual bonus so you can share in the company`s success
- 25 days` paid holiday
- Competitive pension - based on how much you save, we`ll contribute 1% more up to 11%
- Flexible and remote working opportunities
- Shared Parental Leave - 18 weeks full pay
- Other benefits include, ShareSave, Bike to Work, Charity Match, amazing discounts and more!
About Unite Students
Founded in 1991, Unite Students is a FTSE 250 business and the UK`s leading provider of purpose-built student accommodation. You can find us in 27 leading university towns and cities, with close to 75,000 students calling uS home! We pride ourselves on delivering excellent service to our customers; no-one knows students better. Our purpose is to provide a Home for Success for the students that live with us, and a workplace to thrive and grow for the people who work with uS.
Room for Everyone
We`re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we`re passionate about building inclusive teams. We focus on creating a collaborative culture where you can be yourself, where your voice is heard and where you can truly belong. It is important to us that our people reflect the diversity of our students and the communities we work in. We celebrate being different and work together to be the best we can be.