Service and Safety Team Leader- Student Accommodation
Location: Gillingham, Kent
Hours and Rota: 38.5 per week on a rolling rota of 4 days on, 4 days off. Shifts will include a mixture of days and nights, and will require working weekends and bank holidays
Salary: £21,500 + bonus + benefits
What we look for in you
- The student experience is at the forefront of everything we do, so you`ll be passionate about delivering top customer service
- Ideally you will have experience within customer service and safety / security
- Previous team leader, supervisory or management experience
- Experience of performance management and people development
- Experience of motivating others in the delivery of excellent customer service
- A calm, professional and objective approach when handling difficult situations
- A good working knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- You`ll be someone who can respect, encourage and connect with the people you work with and the students who live with us
- Most importantly, you`ll share our values and passion for creating a Home for Success
What you`ll get up to as a Service and Safety Team Leader
To give you an idea what to expect, you`ll be:
- supervising a team responsible for the continuous safety, security and wellbeing of students and employees
- completing line-management duties including monitoring quality of work, performance management, rota planning, conducting regular one-to-one meetings and supporting team development
- conducting regular patrols, identifying safety hazards and risks
- handling complaints, issues or incidents with the appropriate level of support from the emergency services
- identifying and responding to emergency situations
- supporting your team when resolving challenging customer behaviour
- ensuring that Health and Safety legislation is adhered to at all times
- building and maintaining positive relationships with University stakeholders and the local community
What Unite Students is all about!
Founded in 1991, we are a FTSE 250 business and the UK`s leading provider of purpose-built student accommodation. You can find us in 27 leading university towns and cities, with close to 75,000 students callinguShome! We pride ourselves on delivering excellent service to our customers; no-one knows students better. Our purpose is to provide a Home for Success for the students that live with us, and a workplace to thrive and grow for the people who work with uS. Click to find more about life at Unite Students
Benefits of working with uS
We recognise that your hard work shouldn`t come without its perks, so here`s a little list of some of the things you can expect to get from us:
- You`ll be working mainly throughout the day, so no more regular night time working!
- We`ve earned an award for "Investors in People - Gold", so you`ll be working for an employer who really cares about you and your career
- Take time to relax with 25 days` holiday
- An annual bonus to reward you for all your hard work
- Unless stated above, you won`t be working every weekend!
- Enjoy amazing discounts at certain restaurants, retailers and entertainment venues
- And most importantly, you`ll be working within a fun, passionate and vibrant team
Room for Everyone
We`re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we`re passionate about building inclusive teams. We focus on creating a collaborative culture where you can be yourself, where your voice is heard and where you can truly belong. It is important to us that our people reflect the diversity of our students and the communities we work in. We celebrate being different and work together to be the best we can be.
If this position sounds exciting to you, we would love to receive your application!