Hours and Rota: 37.5 hours per week, usually Monday to Friday but flexibility required
Salary: Up to £45,000 + Bonus + Benefits
(A driving licence valid for driving in the UK is essential)
What we look for in you
- Experience of supervising reactive and planned maintenance
- Demonstrable experience of leading teams
- Excellent working knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and its application in the workplace
- Experienced in managing 3rd party contractors
- The delivery of exceptional service to our customers is paramount for this role
What you`ll get up to as an Estates Manager
You will be leading a specialist Estates maintenance team throughout the region, providing reactive and planned maintenance services.
You will be responsible for the completion of maintenance related tasks in line with Unite Students required standards always ensuring safe, compliant and efficient buildings.
To give you an idea what to expect, you`ll be:
- Forming part of the wider estates function contributing to the development of a high performing and positive team
- Leading a team of Estates Supervisors to ensure the completion of all required planned maintenance activity, inspections and certification.
- Working closely with the Estates Supervisors across a number of properties and cities, including:
- Managing performance effectively
- Supporting the training and development of the Estates team.
- Coaching and mentoring team members
- Acting as the lead for maintenance activity inyour region
- Responding and attending to maintenance and Health and Safety related calls within the required service level agreements
- Identifying and ensuring the rectification of a wide range of faults, defects, both domestic and commercial
- Logging maintenance issues reported via Maintenance Request Forms
- Responsible for managing budgets
- Scheduling teams working activities
- Responding and attending to maintenance and H&S related calls within the required SLA
- Ensuring the properties Asset register is complete and assets are inspected and maintained in accordance with the PPM programme
- Accountability for ensuring team members undertake trade based activities to the correct standard
What you`ll get in return
- Regular shifts with guaranteed hours each week
- 25 days` paid holiday
- Pension scheme - based on how much you save, we`ll contribute 1% more
- Shared Parental Leave - 18 weeks full pay
- We`ve earned a Gold award for Investors in People so you`ll be working for an employer who really cares about you and your career
- Other benefits include, ShareSave, Bike to Work, Charity Match, amazing discounts and more!
About Unite Students
Founded in 1991, we are a FTSE 250 business and the UK`s leading provider of purpose-built student accommodation. You can find us in 27 leading university towns and cities, with close to 75,000 students calling uS home! We pride ourselves on delivering excellent service to our customers; no-one knows students better. Our purpose is to provide a Home for Success for the students that live with us, and a workplace to thrive and grow for the people who work with uS. Click to find out more about life at Unite
Room for Everyone
We`re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we`re passionate about building inclusive teams. We focus on creating a collaborative culture where you can be yourself, where your voice is heard and where you can truly belong. It is important to us that our people reflect the diversity of our students and the communities we work in. We celebrate being different and work together to be the best we can be.
If this position sounds exciting to you, we would love to receive your application!
As part of our commitment to safeguarding our students, all new employees in this position will be required undertake a basic criminal recordcheck prior to commencing employment. The cost of this check will be incurred by Unite Students.Any offer of employment will be subject to asatisfactory criminal record check result.
Please be assured, we are continuing to recruit for the vacancies advertised on our Jobs page and will be taking every precaution necessary, in line with Government and WHO guidelines, to ensure the health and safety of our candidates, employees and customers during the recruitment process.
While Government restrictions are in effect, all recruitment will take place without any physical contact; we will be using video interviews and telephone interviews to help you to bring your application to life from home!
If you have applied for a job with uS, we will be in touch with an update on your application soon. Thank you.