Location: North London
Hours and Rota: 37.5 hours per week, between the hours of 8am - 8pm. Flexibility is required
Salary: Up to £30,000 + bonus + benefits
What you`ll get up to as a Housekeeping Supervisor
Here`s an idea of what to expect, you`ll be:
- Leading a team in providing a housekeeping and cleaning service
- Providing clear staff rotas, ensuring quality standards and checks, team accountability and high productivity
- Overseeing and conducting cleaning of the communal kitchens twice per month
- Logging maintenance issues when required, managing effective stock control processes and ensuring optimum stock levels are maintained.
- As well as a variety of important leadership and supervisory duties such as monitoring progress and quality of work, conducting 1-to-1 meetings, managing personal development needs and planning and managing resource levels (including rota management, holiday and recruitment)
What we look for in you
- The student experience is at the forefront of everything we do, so you`ll be passionate about delivering top customer service
- Experience of working in a customer facing environment
- Experience providing housekeeping or cleaning services at a supervisory level
- Commercial awareness, including previous experience of working with budgets
- A track record of motivating others in the delivery of excellent customer service
- Excellent communication skills and can build relationships effectively with people
- Most of all, you`ll be someone who can respect, encourage and connect with the people you work with and the students who live with us
What You`ll Get in Return
We recognise that your hard work shouldn`t come without its perks, so here`s a little list of some of the things you can expect to get from us:
- Great Pay! We are Living Wage Employer and proud of it
- We`ve earned an award for "Investors in People - Gold", so you`ll be working for an employer who really cares about you and your career
- Take time to relax with 25 days` holiday
- An annual bonus to reward you for all your hard work
- Enjoy amazing discounts at certain restaurants, retailers and entertainment venues
- And most importantly, you`ll be working within a fun, passionate and vibrant team
About Unite Students
Founded in 1991, Unite Students is a FTSE 250 business and the UK`s leading provider of purpose-built student accommodation. You can find us in 27 leading university towns and cities, with close to 75,000 students calling uS home! We pride ourselves on delivering excellent service to our customers; no-one knows students better. Our purpose is to provide a Home for Success for the students that live with us, and a workplace to thrive and grow for the people who work with uS. Find out more about life at Unite.
Room for Everyone
We`re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we`re passionate about building inclusive teams. We focus on creating a collaborative culture where you can be yourself, where your voice is heard and where you can truly belong. It is important to us that our people reflect the diversity of our students and the communities we work in. We celebrate being different and work together to be the best we can be.
Please be assured, we are continuing to recruit for the vacancies advertised on our Jobs page and will be taking every precaution necessary, in line with Government and WHO guidelines, to ensure the health and safety of our candidates, employees and customers during the recruitment process.
While Government restrictions are in effect, all recruitment will take place without any physical contact; we will be using video interviews and telephone interviews to help you to bring your application to life from home!
If you have applied for a job with uS, we will be in touch with an update on your application soon. Thank you.