Painter & Decorator - Student Accommodation
City: Multiple properties in Edinburgh City Centre - all easily accessible by public transport
Hours and Rota: 37.5 hours per week. This will be Monday - Friday, working between the hours of 8am - 8pm
Salary: Up to £23,000 + bonus + benefits
Essential: Driving licence valid for driving in the UK
What you`ll be doing
- Implementing and delivering a planned painting schedule under the supervision of the Estates Supervisor
- Monitoring stock levels requesting materials ahead of time to ensure a base level is maintained
- Assisting the wider maintenance team in keeping our properties in excellent condition when required
What we`re looking for in you
- The student experience is at the forefront of everything we do, so you`ll be passionate about delivering top customer service.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a wider team effort
- Good communication skills
- Ability to manage own workload effectively
- Ideally you will also have experience with basic maintenance.
- You`ll have a flexible attitude and the ability to work as part of a team.
What you`ll get in return
- Regular shifts with guaranteed hours each week
- An annual bonus so you can share in the company`s success
- 25 days` paid holiday
- Pension scheme - based on how much you save, we`ll contribute 1% more
- Shared Parental Leave - 18 weeks full pay
- We`ve earned a Gold award for Investors in People so you`ll be working for an employer who really cares about you and your career
- Other benefits include, Share Save, Bike to Work, Charity Match, amazing discounts and more!
About Unite Students
Founded in 1991, we are a FTSE 250 business and the UK`s leading provider of purpose-built student accommodation. You can find us in 27 leading university towns and cities, with close to 75,000 students calling uS home! We pride ourselves on delivering excellent service to our customers; no-one knows students better. Our purpose is to provide a Home for Success for the students that live with us, and a workplace to thrive and grow for the people who work with uS. Click to find out more about life at Unite.
Room for Everyone
We`re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we`re passionate about building inclusive teams. We focus on creating a collaborative culture where you can be yourself, where your voice is heard and where you can truly belong. It is important to us that our people reflect the diversity of our students and the communities we work in. We celebrate being different and work together to be the best we can be.
If this position sounds exciting to you, we would love to receive your application!
Please be assured, we are continuing to recruit for the vacancies advertised on our Jobs page and will be taking every precaution necessary, in line with Government and WHO guidelines, to ensure the health and safety of our candidates, employees and customers during the recruitment process.
While Government restrictions are in effect, all recruitment will take place without any physical contact; we will be using video interviews and telephone interviews to help you to bring your application to life from home!
If you have applied for a job with uS, we will be in touch with an update on your application soon. Thank you.