This pivotal role within our Insights team will lead the development and delivery of insightful and actionable dashboards and data models, primarily via Tableau. This role will be responsible for all aspects of Tableau; translating information into call-to-action, value-adding report and dashboard designs, prioritising appropriately, and working closely with the business to deliver your team`s solutions through agile development.
What You`ll Be Doing
- You will be the owner of Tableau within the business. This encompasses server admin; dashboard design, testing and deployment; end user training and presentation
- Understanding, utilising and interrogating the data in the EDW and suggesting potential new data/sources
- Actively engaging with all business functions to scope, plan a dndeliver end-to-end BI projects
- Using SQL and Tableau to deliver analysis and insight that help the business use data for decision making
- Working with the wider team to plan and deliver a BI roadmap; defining key business areas, teams and reports to target in multiple planning periods
- Actively engaging with key stakeholders to promote BI adoption, understand their needs and roadmap and how the platform can support
- Day-to-day line management of Tableau development team
What We`re Looking for in You
- Extensive experience with Tableau, you`ll be a proven advanced Tableau user
- Experience designing and building insightful dashboards using data visualisation/information design best practice
- Experience in full BI project lifecycle, from requirements and design to hands-on delivery and support
- Advanced SQL skills
- Excellent communication skills, to promote the benefits of BI across all business functions
- Organisation skills, backed with experience of agile
- Line management, coaching or mentoring experience
What You`ll Get in Return
- An annual bonus so you can share in the company`s success
- 25 days` paid holiday
- Pension - based on how much you save, we`ll contribute 1% more
- Flexible working opportunities
- Shared Parental Leave - 18 weeks full pay
- Other benefits include, ShareSave, Bike to Work, Charity Match, amazing discounts and more!
About Unite Students
Founded in 1991, Unite Students is a FTSE 250 business and the UK`s leading provider of purpose-built student accommodation. You can find us in 27 leading university towns and cities, with close to 75,000 students calling uS home! We pride ourselves on delivering excellent service to our customers; no-one knows students better. Our purpose is to provide a Home for Success for the students that live with us, and a workplace to thrive and grow for the people who work with uS. Find out more about life at Unite.
Room for Everyone
We`re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we`re passionate about building inclusive teams. We focus on creating a collaborative culture where you can be yourself, where your voice is heard and where you can truly belong. It is important to us that our people reflect the diversity of our students and the communities we work in. We celebrate being different and work together to be the best we can be.
Please be assured, we are continuing to recruit for the vacancies advertised on our Jobs page and will be taking every precaution necessary, in line with Government and WHO guidelines, to ensure the health and safety of our candidates, employees and customers during the recruitment process.
While Government restrictions are in effect, all recruitment will take place without any physical contact; we will be using video interviews and telephone interviews to help you to bring your application to life from home!
If you have applied for a job with uS, we will be in touch with an update on your application soon. Thank you